Junior Database Administrator
New opportunity due to company growth and success! The national headquarters for J.D. Byrider, based out of Carmel, IN; is seeking a Junior Database Administrator.
Position Summary for Junior DBA:
This position exists to provide expertise in all data storage and access to support ongoing business operations. The individual uses the results to provide guidance and advice to IT department operations as well as strategies to improve data access, security, and design with the goal of better customer service. The individual must be capable of working with working with databases to locate/gather/arrange data, make recommendations, administer database systems, and document procedures. The Junior Database Administrator’s position operates jointly within the I.T. organization.
Reward for Junior DBA:
Responsibilities for Junior DBA:
- $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 commensurate with skill and experience
- Excellent benefits and paid time off plan
- Industry leading and growing company with over 150 locations in 32 states and 28 years in business
- Progressive IT department and great work environment
Requirements of Junior DBA:
- Knowledge of computer system data schema to support business functions. Use of NoSQL, SQL, Reporting Services and Analysis Services to extract data from the system.
- Update data records in accordance with business need
- Automate current manual data record manipulation tasks
- Active and regular communication with software development teams.
- Ability to successfully understand and critique existing business processes and to draw conclusions from data.
- Consistent ability to analyze problems or conditions, and correctly determine or infer causes.
- Ability to successfully multi-task a varying number of activities and to properly prioritize activities to meet customer expectations.
- Personally accountable for results.
- Ability to work unmanaged or within a team to achieve business goals.
- Capable of taking the knowledge and skills of others and leveraging it for improved personal and team results.
- Documentation of changes, problems, investigations, communication.
- Ability to act as the central person in situations regarding problem troubleshooting.
- Interaction with vendors to support customer needs and questions.
- Ability to work with the IT operations department to make specific recommendation regarding system configurations and administration.
- Interact extensively with the application development teams to ensure proper database and application design, as well as, troubleshoot and document potential and current problems.
- Evaluate new and evolving trends in IT and data technologies to better anticipate future needs of the company.
- Bachelor's degree or work equivalent
- Formal business training, education and/or industry recognized database certification is a plus
- Proficient in relational database functional design
- Proficient in NoSQL database functional design
- Empowered individual.
- Have and demonstrate by daily actions a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Very strong customer service focus.
- High energy and self-motivating.
- Ability to influence positive behavior in coworkers.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and reach realistic goals.
- Problem analysis.
- Clear and accurate written and verbal communication with various levels of customers and internal staff.