The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst has the responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness of information systems implemented to meet the needs of the Office of Finance. The Quality Assurance (QA) process will be dependent on existing systems requirement documents or the creation of new business process documentation developed along with test artifacts. The Senior QA Analyst will be expected to provide QA leadership to other QA staff members, external contractors, and the overall project teams.
The Senior QA Analyst serves a critical role in support of the Office’s function as the FHLBanks’ fiscal agent in the analysis, issuance and servicing of the System’s $800+ billion debt portfolio. The accuracy and the availability of the supporting application systems are critical to the successful operation of the Office.
- Lead other QA analysts and QA contractors as directed.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of both business and general technical aspects of the mission critical applications of the OF.
- Help manage the QA technical environment so that it supports all work in progress with minimal conflicts.
- Defines and manages the collection of QA metrics on both a comprehensive and project basis to measure the effectiveness of the QA program.
- Assists with defining QA-related project planning tasks and tracking with an emphasis given to identifying quality assurance activities and effectively estimating their scope and duration.
- For software development projects, understand and analyze business needs and the proposed technical solution, design and document thorough testing plans. Accurately execute the test plans identifying issues that need to be addressed.
- Understands the automated testing tools.
- Contributes to improved operations at the OF through the effective application of the QA program.
- Creates technical, QA and user documentation as required.
- Assists with business requirements gathering when required, ensuring requirements are unambiguous, testable, and traceable.
- Keeps abreast of the latest technical trends by subscribing to industry publications and reading technical journals. This knowledge should be used to further enhance the effectiveness of the QA function within IT.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other quantitative discipline
- At least 4 years’ experience as a business analyst or QA analyst.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Experience managing without direct authority.
- Ability to manage QA-related project tasks when required.
- Ability to articulate business processes and testing requirements verbally and diagrammatically.
- Thorough understanding of the OF’s business domain and the technical environment supporting its operations is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the Windows environment and relational DBMS experience. Familiarity with the Unix environment, including shell scripting. Web development and/or testing experience is preferred.
- Ability to quickly become an expert user for critical business applications that support debt issuance and servicing.
- Ability to enforce QA standards across the development team.
- Experience leveraging IBM’s Rational Functional Tester product for automated testing a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills to include; demonstrated experiencing writing and / or editing procedures and documentation
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment while continuing to progress on longer term project completion.
FHLBANKS Office of Finance is an equal opportunity employer