Japanese Telecommunication company seeks a Technical Project Manager of Car Telematics
Job Description: Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager will work with a Japanese automobile manufacturer and other project-related companies (*)
(*) telecom operators, telematics vendors, communication vendors, OEM IT / telematics systems)
- Oversee the project to ensure that it is on track, proactively identify any issues, promptly report to the super visor, and come up with
- Closely monitor and maintain especially the technical side of
- Report regularly (daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) to both our headquarters and our America Plano office member and
- Presentation of current project status to customers or any other stakeholders if needed
- Manage technical projects for North Americas region and infrastructure development projects.
- Make sequence diagram, activity diagram, workflow documents
- Manage the programs and the projects including strategy
- Create/update Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) documentation to track the project status and explain to customers and internal
- Prepare Statement of Work (SoW), change management, requirements gathering analysis, functional specifications documentation, and use
Qualification / Requirements:
1 General Requirements
- Self-motivated; able to work independently and in teams; can handle multiple projects while paying attention to details; accomplished problem solving and analytical
2 Project Management Requirement
- Ability to create documentation (including but not limited to, MS excel/ppt/word and internal system and forms) to explain the tasks and solutions regularly to customers and internal
- Ability to shape issues out of discussions with including but not limited to, customers, internal organizations
- Ability to lead the project by understanding the influence on the overall design through discussion with internal engineers in each technological area.
3 Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of networks and network equipment used by telecommunications carriers
- Understanding of carrier network structures such as RAN and Core
- Ability to identify the constraints of carrier networks and the existence of bottlenecks (radio section, authentication equipment, ). (*) those whose expertise is limited to IP networks (e.g. application developers) are not eligible for this position.
- Development experience or knowledge of in-vehicle terminals
- Understanding of basic technical terms such as TCU, NAD, SIM, H/U, CAN, AGL etc.
- Experience in development projects working with NAD vendors and communication chip vendors.
4 TSP or M2M service Requirement
- Understanding of the workflow to provide telematics or M2M (*) “Workflow” as used here means a basic understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a group of companies when working together to provide telematics services, including telecommunications carriers, TSP providers, and car manufacturers.
5 Communication skills
- Must be capable of building good relationships with our customer corporation in Texas, encouraging “straight talk” from them, listening carefully to what they have to say, and then reporting this information to the Tokyo Headquarters as objectively as (*) Although not required, Japanese language skills would be very helpful for this position.
- Salary Range: $110,000 ~ $130,000
- Regular hours: 9:00 am ~ 5:00 pm Monday -Friday (*) Overtime will be expected. Telephone/Video conference with our Tokyo Headquarters can take place anytime including weekends.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance; Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)
- Vacation, Paid Holidays, and 401(k)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- TSP or M2M service: 1 year