Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Health Physicist opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Position Title: Health Physicist
FT/PT – Hours: FT 40
Close Date: 7/6/2020
Work Location: 200W/MO2159 - or as otherwise directed by the CLR Supervisor
Seeking candidates to join a Radiation Protection Programs team as an experienced Health Physicist who has the ability to support oversight and implementation of the Radiological Protection program. Our mission is safe, compliant implementation of 10 CFR 835.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A day in the life of a Program Health Physicist may involve:
- Supporting the implementation of 10 CFR 835.
- Providing technical support, procedure and technical basis document development, and implementation oversight of one or more program functional areas (ALARA, contamination control, work planning, assessments, instrumentation, emergency preparedness, etc.).
- Ensuring assigned policies, procedures, and technical documents effectively implement conduct of operations principles, safety management program components, and radiological control requirements.
- Providing radiological control expertise and coordination for major project activities in support of accomplishing critical milestones.
- Performing work in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner
- BA/BS degree in Science, Health Physics, or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ direct job related experience in applied Health Physics or Radiological Engineering
- Experience in Radiological Work Planning and/or experience in the implementation of occupational radiation protection programs and functional areas, as defined by 10 CFR 835
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Health Physicist: 8 years (Required)