Information Systems Solutions (ISS) is looking for a candidate to provide system support for classified and unclassified Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDTE) network supporting a U.S. Government Customer. The selected candidate will be the primary POC for the maintenance of the Linux core infrastructure for a CLASSIFIED network. The candidate will work closely with the RDTE Core Services team and will have opportunities to cross train on Solaris virtual equipment.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- RedHat Linux 6, 7 and Solaris 10, 11 system administration.
- Administration of virtualized server environments including Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) and VMware vSphere/ESXi.
- Hardening servers and applications to DISA standards and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scans and documenting variances from the guidelines when needed.
- Harden infrastructure resources in compliance with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs). Server hardening techniques include IPtables, Firewalld, SELinux, and SSH.
- Monitor infrastructure availability, performance by developing dashboards and automated alerts that reduce system downtime.
- Automation of system patch availability, configuration management, and compliance auditing using Red Hat Satellite server, Ansible, Puppet, and/or other automated CM products.
- Create documentation on current processes and newly engineered solutions.
- Mentor junior Linux admins and help desk personnel in troubleshooting techniques as well as professional procedures.
Why Work For ISS?
At Information Systems Solutions (ISS), we pride ourselves on providing an employee-focused and family first environment. Being a small business, we take the time to get to know our employees and have a vested interest in helping them achieve their career goals. We work to schedule regular social gathering to foster camaraderie within the company. ISS values their employees by providing a comprehensive benefits package that includes a fully vested 401(k) matching program, coverage of family medical deductibles, spot bonuses, and educational assistance to further your career.
Certifications (IAT Level II)
One of the following:
and one of the following:
- Security+ CE
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP)
- System Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Linux +
- LPIC-2 Advanced Level Linux Professional
- LPIC-3 Senior Level Linux Professional
- Oracle Certified Expert Oracle Solaris System Administrator (OCE-OSSA)
- Oracle Certified Expert Oracle Solaris System Administrator (OCP-OSSA)
- Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Sun Certified Network Administrator - Oracle Solaris (SCNA)
- Sun Certified Network Administrator - Oracle Solaris (SCSA)
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration
- Strong knowledge with software and hardware RAID, Logical Volume Manager, Solaris LDOMs, Solaris Zones Experience provisioning and configuring Solaris virtual servers using logical domains and zones
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, and user access
- Experience writing and managing scripts and utilities to automate day to day systems administration and configuration management tasks
- Functional working knowledge in these areas: DNS(bind), Kerberos, LDAP, OpenSSL, Apache, email services (IMAP, SMTP).
- Strong programming skills in scripting languages (C, Bash, Ksh, Expect, Perl)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and ITIL Certification
- Experience with the IAVM process