Pickering Associates has an opening for a qualified Construction Administrator to join our dynamic team for a specific project. This is an approximate one-year temporary (40 hours per week) position located at a client site near Beverly, WV.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison between client, project manager, operations, and contractors to achieve successful project completion.
- Manage the scope, schedule and budget throughout construction.
- Reviews construction specifications for compliance with standards; interprets specifications and organizational policies and initiates or reviews change orders; prepares periodic project status reports.
- Tracks, evaluates and reports on construction project progress to Department Managers.
- Coordinates work with other departments and outside agencies and firms.
- Administer contracts, and close-out for projects relating to the specific client. Serve as the liaison between the organization and consultants and/or contractors. Oversees the day to day progress of consultants and contractors.
- Review monthly progress payments, contract change orders; interpretation of project plans and specifications and coordinates final inspection(s).
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses.
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Science or related field.
- Extensive documented job experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of applicable codes, regulations and laws.
- Strong communication skills and technical writing.
Pickering Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Drug-free workplace. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Pickering Associates without employer sponsorship.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Construction Administration: 10 years
Required work authorization: