Develop innovative & sophisticated analytics models in concert with other Directors within the Analytics Organization (AO) and in partnership with IT to support analytics/reporting needs of business leaders & fellow colleagues for the real time business decision making. Support optimization and enhancement of existing analytical models utilized by the PHS across the AO. Support development and testing of analytical prototypes and contribute to analytical solutions best practices. Develop the communication strategies and transitioning of solutions to other teams within the AO. Responsible for guiding, mentoring and supporting fellow junior scientist and other analytical talent across the AO.
- Provide support in creating/coding, designing and testing pilot data-driven predictive/descriptive analytical models for PHS.to solve business problems leveraging the latest and most appropriate technologies in statistical modeling and machine learning
- Ability to work in a diverse team setting across the AO to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues.
- Assist in risk identification and mitigation planning and communicate to analytical senior leadership of any issues/escalations & risks
- Support management of multi-tasking, achieving milestones, deadlines, and maintaining customer relationships
- Support and assist healthcare reporting/analytics system implementations throughout the project life-cycle, performing workflow analysis, testing, training, go-live, system upgrades and issues management in partnership with IT
- Ability and experience to deal with very granular data available through various data storage platform (e.g., Hadoop) and summarize, interpret and translate the findings to the leadership promoting data-driven strategic decision making
- Design and test structured data and algorithms to support clinical, operational and financial data analysis using advanced data-driven analytical methods from statistics, data mining, econometrics, and operations research
- Design models for investigations of various acute/chronic clinical and/or operational and/or financial areas, including hypotheses generation and creating an analysis plan with appropriate primary and secondary data required, and evaluate results of the analysis and interpret conclusions, taking into consideration bias/data limitations as well as performing any specialized analysis required
- Create and test optimization algorithms, forecasting and predictive models for patient level outcomes, utilization management, and overall medical services
- Support design, build and test of population scoring, stratification and segmentation based on predicted risk of adverse utilization/clinical and financial outcomes
- Synthesize findings and conclusions including efficacy of existing programs as well as incremental impact of new care inventions and interventions; design and institute appropriate metrics to assess progress vs. projected impact.
- Routinize advanced analytical and reporting methods and techniques for broader use of the AO community
- Work with large and complex datasets to derive and validate predictive models across clinical, operational and financial areas
- Collaborate and partner with management, project managers, and IT to identify cases that can benefit from predictive analytics and other advanced statistical techniques
- Visualize, interpret, report, and communicate data findings creatively in a various formats and audiences
- Support advanced analytical and data mining efforts which could include but not limited to clustering, segmentation, logistic and multivariate regression, decision/CART trees, neural networks, time-series analysis, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, random forests, and Bayesian analysis
- Support collaboration with other analytics stakeholder to define, gather requirements and build a pilot prototype BI tools
- Provide support in designing and development of reusable analytical assets (data structures, code, solutions); test and improvise improvements to existing assets; and conduct evaluation of the suitability and value of potential new assets
- Assist in developing training material and provide hands-on mentoring to analytical talent on the appropriate use and interpretation of new analytical models, integration of these models into existing business analyses as well as assure, maintain and improve efficiency and quality; validate work product of peers across the AO
- Assist with the preparation of documents/publications and presentation materials describing analytic methods, observations and findings in the AO area
- Contribute towards and assist Informaticists leadership in developing a year-end value story to demonstrate value of the team and their contribution to progress towards the AOs and PHSs goals.
Bachelors degree in an econometrics, physics, biostatistics, computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or any other quantitative related subject area. A Masters or a Ph.D. is highly preferred. Four or more years of related business intelligence, statistical/mathematical, predictive modeling along with the business strategy experience required. Understanding of natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modelling and hypothesis testing as well as relational database management systems (Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, DB2 etc.) Knowledge of healthcare industry and healthcare information standards such as HL7, LOINC, FHIR, ICD 9/10 and CPT codes, industry standard groupers (e.g., ETGs, DRGs, DCGs, etc.) as well as of the health care delivery system processes. Experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, R, Python, SQL, no-SQL databases, database analytics and graph databases is a PLUS. Adept in using BI tools (e.g., Business Objects/BO, Cognos), data visualizations tools (e.g., Tableau), statistical software such as SAS and general health service research and reporting/analytics. Working knowledge of extract transform and loading (ETL), data cleaning, data normalization/mapping and business process management (BPM) is expected. Experience in mathematical modeling skills including but not limited to classification, regression, survival analysis, recommender systems, experimentation systems (A/B testing), hypothesis testing and supporting development of mathematical algorithms.
Evidence based care work
Clinical analytics background
Experience with Epic
Statistical analysis background
Experience with SAS, R, Python, Tableau
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs