Client : MNC
TitleSenior Network Engineer
LocationCharles Town, WV
Skills: Implement and manage network switches, routers, gateways, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, VPN, IT security.
Visa requirement: US citizens, Greencard holders preferred,Only US citizens and Greencard holders,Transfer existing H1-B visa,Sponsor H1-B visa
- Reports To: Manager, Network Engineering
- Department: Information Technology
- Office Location: Charles Town, WV
- Date Posted: April 27, 2018
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Responsibilities and Duties
Synopsis of Role:
The Sr. Network Engineer designs, configures, installs, troubleshoots and maintains our enterprise network infrastructure consisting of 12+ sites. This position requires a broad level of up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments under minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will be motivated, resourceful, dependable, creative, team-oriented and goal-driven.
The position involves collaborating with other network engineers to design, install, configure, and support the organization’s complex wide area network (WAN), LAN and VoIP architecture as well as maintaining all network hardware and software. This includes continuous and reliable monitoring of the network to ensure SLAs for system availability and user experience are met.The incumbent will be expected to develop, refine and document processes and architecture as well as formulate a plan for ensuring the security of the large scale network.
- Provides support for production enterprise environments located in Charles Town, WV, and co-location facility, as well as support for our disaster recovery site, and other branch offices.
- Implements, manages and troubleshoots network hardware including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, F5 Load-Balancers, Wireless LAN Controllers and WAN Acceleration devices.
- Assists and coordinates in the design, configuration, testing, and implementation of IT security solutions.
- Assists in the identification, diagnosis, and resolution of IT security related issues in the context to the network infrastructure.
- Manages vendor relationships in order to keep track of new trends, versions and technologies in the marketplace as well as for escalation and support purposes.
- Understands the cost drivers of our network landscape and monitors our solutions against best practices and expense controls.
- Assists in the support of VoIP infrastructure.
- Monitors and manages security infrastructure including regular reporting, event logging and management.
- Manages and troubleshoots domain name system (DNS).
- Maintains the network hardware and software and monitors the network to ensure network availability to all system users.
- Performs installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting and support for all network infrastructure related equipment.
- Participates in activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity and Information Technology (IT) disaster recovery planning.
- Provides backup support to other network engineers, systems engineers, voice engineers and help desk.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field, or equivalent experience required.
- 12 or more years of overall experience required.
- Eight or more years of network engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities during the time period preferred.
- Three or more year of F5 load balancer experience; BIP-IP; LTM, APM, ASM, iRules preferred.
- Two or more years of experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs for remote access and site-to-sitepreferred.
- Two or more years’ experience with RADIUS and 802.1X protocolspreferred.
- Three or more year of WAN accelerator experience; Riverbed preferred.
- Three or more years of wireless design, installation, troubleshooting; Cisco and/or Meraki.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience working with IPv4 networks.
- At least eigh years of experience in a distributed network environment.
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP QoS, VPN, IPSLA, trunking, spanning tree, layer 3 switching, etc.
- Eight or more years of demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, etc.
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst 6500/4500-x/3650s/6807-XL and 6800 Instant Access switches; VSS (Virtual Switching System).
- Three or more years’ experience with Cisco ASA 5500-X in a Firewall and VPN capacity.
- Two years of supporting Cisco VoIP infrastructure; call manager, unity and contact center;Experience with Cisco and McAfee/Intel IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts.
- Two or more years with Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) Version 2 and above and ACS version 5 and above.
- Three or more years of wireless design, installation, troubleshooting; Cisco and/or Meraki is preferred; Including the latest Wireless technologies.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Must have the ability to lift boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible and agile enough to access tight spaces in telephone closets and around furniture.
- Traveling to data centers and branch offices at multiple locations is required.
- Core coverage hours of support are Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm, but will be part of the rotating on call schedule; weekend support is expected, as needed.
- Ability to understand, recommend, design, and implement LAN/WAN functionality such as switches, routers, virtual routers, gateways, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, etc.
- Thorough working knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) concepts; MPLS, DS3, T1, Metro-E, SIP and PRIs
- Cisco Anyconnect VPN and ISE related components
- Ability to lead technical teams to success;
- Current Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification highly desired;
- Familiarity with enterprise network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining voice network documentation and diagrams.
KINDLY SEND ME YOUR UPDATED CV WITH THE FOLLOWING DETAILS to balaram @dishawebsol.com
Date of Birth:
For any queries contact Balaram.K (*972- 646 8686)
USA (Direct) : (972) 646 8686
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $65.00 /hour