At Jebbit, we’re creating the world’s first declared data platform. What does that mean? Well, by marrying mobile-first content with data provided directly from the consumer (not scraped, not inferred, not bought…), we’re solving a big problem for companies and consumers alike: how to do personalization right.
We are looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to join our team and help us drive forward the evolution of Jebbit's Declared Data Platform. You will partner with product, user experience and data science to solve technical and design challenges and develop, scale and automate workflows and functionalities in the platform that will surprise and delight customers.
- Design and develop true full-stack solutions (We're using PSQL, Ruby on Rails, EmberJS and NodeJS)
- Have a large say in the selection/creation and upkeep of visual components and interface tooling
- Work directly with a great group of developers and PMs that are looking to make each other successful while enjoying the fun of creating cool things
- Mentor and manage a team members to help them learn and grow as technologists and collaborators
You may be a fit for the role if you:
- Want to be an active part of shaping a product and an industry
- Enjoy bringing ideas to life thru the medium of the web despite the fact things will never be pixel perfect
- Have built web facing software for 4+ years
- Have experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Bring excellent Front End skills to the table -- especially having spent 2+ years developing medium to large single-page apps in one or more of the modern data< ->action based front-end frameworks (one of these preferred-React, Ember, Angular 2+)
- Have backend experience with Ruby on Rails ( preferred, not required).
- Aren’t afraid to go/grow beyond the front end so that both sides can learn from each other and improve capability of the whole department
Job Type: Full-time