Recruitment/Posting Title Administrative Director, Practice Operations
Job Category Staff & Executive - Project/Program Management/Planning
Department RWJ-Dean's Office-Cab
New Jersey’s academic health center, Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS) takes an integrated approach to educating students, providing clinical care, and conducting research, all with the goal of improving human health. Aligned with Rutgers University–New Brunswick and collaborating universitywide, RBHS includes eight schools, a behavioral health network, and five centers and institutes that focus on cancer treatment and research, neuroscience, advanced biotechnology and medicine, environmental and occupational health, and health care policy and aging research.
Our faculty are teachers, clinicians, and scientists with unparalleled experience who advance medical innovation and provide patient care informed by the latest research findings. We offer an outstanding education in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, public health, nursing, biomedical research, and the full spectrum of allied health careers.
Our clinical and academic facilities are located throughout the state—at Rutgers University–New Brunswick, including Piscataway; and at locations in Newark, Scotch Plains, Somerset, Stratford, and other locations. Clinical partners include Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, Newark’s University Hospital in Newark, and other affiliates.
Through this community of healers, scientists, and scholars, Rutgers is equipped as never before to transform lives.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Administrative Director, Practice Operations for the Rutgers Health Group for the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.
The Administrative Director (AD) will have primary responsibility, under the joint direction of the Vice President of Clinical Affairs (VP-CA) and Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), for clinical operations, strategic planning and development, and will work with the finance team in development of operating and capital budgets of the Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School practice division of RHG. In this capacity, the AD will work in close collaboration with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School functional area leadership and clinical department chairs to ensure that RHG initiatives are executed across departments within the practice division, including joint oversight of clinical department administrators. As a key member of RHG’s leadership team, this individual will be responsible for identifying performance improvement opportunities and helping to develop and execute short- and long- term initiatives to achieve the strategic and operational priorities of RHG.
- Works in close collaboration with Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School functional area leadership and clinical department chairs to implement strategic, financial, and operational initiatives within the practice division and clinical departments.
- Assists in the development of patient care policies and standards and ensures their consistent implementation across clinical departments.
- Leads, under the direction of the VP-CA and CAO, and in collaboration with clinical department chairs, development of practice division growth plan, including associated fiscal, personnel, and space requirements; ensures consistency with RHG strategic objectives.
- Identifies and leads implementation of clinical program development opportunities with affiliated health systems; Assists RHG leadership in affiliated health system contract development and negotiation; Ensures contract terms are consistently being met.
- Will work with the finance team in the development of the operating and capital budgeting process, in conjunction with the VP-CA and CAO.
- Selects, trains, directs, evaluates the performance of and, when necessary, disciplines and discharges direct report personnel. Assists subordinates with difficult employee relations problems, as necessary.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift Day
Annual Minimum Salary 114958.000
Annual Mid Range Salary 154047.000
Annual Maximum Salary 193136.000
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description Non-Union
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in business, healthcare administration and a record of success managing large multispecialty physician practices.
- Five (5) years of experience and a record of success managing physician practices, preferably within an academic medical center faculty group practice.
- Experience in business development, including strategic planning and operational leadership which includes significant budgetary responsibility.
- Experience leading a team of skilled, independent and competent senior executives and the ability to plan and delegate assignments, review work, and supervise.
- Experience with evidence-based medicine and emerging models of population health management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of academic faculty and programs, with a corresponding ability to connect with and support the needs of affiliated health system partners.
- The ability to lead and work in collaboration with a diverse leadership group and relate to a broad group of executives and stakeholders.
- A record of accomplishment of success working in an environment of collaboration, transparency, mutual respect and shared passion for excellence and innovation.
- The ability to plan, organize, prioritize, allocate resources, and manage multiple ongoing, concurrent projects.
- Knowledge of value-based payment models, including an understanding of services impacted by managed care and health reform legislation.
- The ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Number 18ST1888
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus Downtown New Brunswick
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings.