- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED
- Project Management
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Office
- Supervising Experience
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Golden Vertex Corporation is seeking a safety minded individual with strong drive and enthusiasm to advance our organization forward by leading, mentoring and developing a team of Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians, Electricians, contractors and specialists. The successful candidates will possess a strong understanding of codes and ordinances. Executes/implements successful resolution of issues plus performs other miscellaneous plant-related duties at the Moss Gold/Silver Mine located near Bullhead City in Mohave County, Arizona.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant electrical regulatory codes, ordinances, Company policies, practices and standards.
- Ensure that high voltage and low voltage electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities support the continuous operation of process plant facilities including the refinery and crusher.
- Ensure the continuous availability of control and automation systems to maintain variables within acceptable parameters, optimize output and protect equipment.
- Demonstrate continued improvement in both operating performance and costs.
- Ensure best practices are adhered to in all areas.
- Strong knowledge of 480vac, 3 phase electrical motor circuits, DC control circuits, 4-20mA loops & calibration, single and three phase AC circuits.
- Ensure departmental compliance and accuracy of electrical schematics, prints, diagrams and nameplates.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot variable frequency drives (VFD) drives, PLC and Relay logic control systems
- Identify and mitigate risks to personnel, safety, environmental protection, equipment and production
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, federal and company standards and guidelines
- Staff Development. Visibly lead, manage and mentor employees of the electrical, instrumentation and process group.
- Strong knowledge of budget management and cost controls.
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Suite PLC, HMI and other specialty software.
- High School diploma or GED and 5 (five) years of related operational experience including supervisory experience. Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree with an “A” grade Electrical Worker’s License or equivalent is preferred.
- Additional certifications or licensure appropriate to the job may be required.
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code NFPA 70E (USA). Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace NFPA70E (USA), IEEE 902 Maintenance and Safety of Industrial & Commercial Systems and IEEE 142 Grounding of Industrial and Commercial Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Industrial Process Automation (PLC HMI) and Advanced Control Systems.
- Current MSHA part 48 certificate is preferred.
- Strong preference for candidates with small/start-up company experience
- Crusher Operations knowledge or experience preferred but not required
- Strong Management/Leadership capabilities
Essential Job Duties:
- Promote a safe work environment for yourself, other employees and contractor.
- Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations.
- Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others.
- Ensure MSHA and EPA safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stair and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.
- May be required to lift heavy objects (up to fifty (50) pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing this work. The work is in an outdoor mine setting which requires hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment as required by law.
- This position will require MSHA and Hazard Recognition Training.
- Golden Vertex Corporation is a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per all applicable laws.
- This work is in a mine and plant setting which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write English.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Successfully complete background check and maintain a valid US driver's license.
About Golden Vertex Corporation (http://www.northernvertex.com)
Golden Vertex is a wholly owned subsidiary of Northern Vertex Mining Corp. (TSX.V: NEE I OTC–Nasdaq Intl.: NHVCF) “America’s Next Gold Producer” is focused on becoming the next publicly traded company to initiate gold and silver production in the USA at its 100% owned Moss Mine Gold/Silver Mine located in NW Arizona. The Company is comprised of an experienced management team with a strong background in all aspects of acquisition, exploration, development, operations and financing of mining projects worldwide. Golden Vertex is focused on working effectively and respectfully with our stakeholders in the vicinity of the historical Moss Mine and enhancing the capacity of the local communities in the area.
What Golden Vertex Offers:
- Highly Competitive base salary
- Vacation, Sick and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Golden Vertex Mining Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
- operational: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bullhead City, AZ 86442 (Preferred)
- MSHA 5000-23 (Preferred)
- US Driver's License (Required)