Beatrice Loving Heart is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Case Manager/Supports Planner. The Case Manager/Support Planner works interdependently with the assigned team to maximize quality outcomes for individuals. While this is not a Social Work position, our Case Managers/Supports Planners perform some of the same tasks as Social Workers. Tasks similar to those performed by a Social Worker may include assessing clients' needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals. The Case Manager/Supports Planner serves as the primary point of contact with clients. Perspective employees receive on-site training. Responsibility includes performing on-site visits, information gathering, monitoring of plans of service, and completing telephonic care coordination with participants. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
· Evaluate the client's capacities to assist in the development of plans of service for coordination services.
· The qualified applicant will be able to promote positive health behaviors to support optimal health and well-being.
· Ability to Telework from home. Must have high-speed Internet connection and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook), databases.
· Establish telephone contact with all clients, family members, and caregivers to assist with the coordination of services while monitoring the existing plans of service.
· Willingness to provide on-site visits to Individuals and coordinate a person-centered Plan of
· The qualified applicant will be able to gather information to assist in the development of plans of service provided to clients.
· The qualified candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with the flexibility to improve services rendered to clients.
· The candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in health/human services or related field (psychology, sociology, counseling, physical therapy, social work, and any relevant field)
· Must possess oral and written communication skills
· Ability to conduct research on a computer and other sources
· Ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
· Ability to communicate effectively with individuals with varied cognitive abilities to establish professional relationships
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as employment paperwork, assessment reports, and procedure manuals
· Must possess a valid driver license
** Competitive compensation, ability to work remotely with equipment provided, state-wide discounts, and a comprehensive benefits package; 401(k) Retirement Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per year
- Case Management: 1 year (Preferred)