Position Summary & Duties:
The Civil Structural Engineer position is a direct hire job opportunity with a client in the Specialty Chemical Industry in the Lake Charles, LA area. Company will primarily produce ethylene once facility goes live.
Civil Structural Engineer Job Description:
Specific responsibilities for coordinating and overseeing a wide range of Civil/Structural engineering functions to include, but not limited to:
•Provide Civil/Structural coordination role for revamp projects.
•Work closely with managers and other discipline leads in developing Civil/Structural engineering project schedules, scope, budget, specifications and drawing packages in the civil and structural area.
•Civil Structural Engineer will have direct contact with contractors.
•Assist in procurement and contracting of civil related services.
•Civil Structural Engineer will be involved with foundation and skid designs with seismic calculations, rebar schedules, specs for excavation, concrete and paving, CMU walls, housekeeping pads, structural steel.
•Prepare subcontract documents for construction, and select subcontractors.
•Civil Structural Engineer responds to RFIs, submittal approval and Change Request evaluation from subcontractors.
•Must manage multiple small projects including budgets and schedules
•Civil Structural Engineer will oversee and coordinate plant building revamp work.
• Coordinate, supervise and monitor job progress for all civil/structural work activities, set priorities and adjust workload accordingly.
• Ensure application of local regulations and standards. Good working knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations and standards, API recommended practices and standards, NFPA 30, and applicable ASTM codes and standards.
• Excellent knowledge of geotechnical engineering. Capable of reading and interpreting a geotechnical investigation report to assess recommendations and determine best foundation type for a project.
• Lead the development and evaluation of civil site requirements such as site layout, grading, drainage and paving design
• Coordinate site beautification and landscaping.
Civil Structural Engineer Job Requirements:
- Civil Structural Engineer should have 5+ years of Civil Structural Engineer experience
- Proficient at preparation of structural calculations (utilizing computer programs, as well as by hand) for concrete and steel structures such as equipment and building foundations, pipe and cable tray supports foundations, equipment support structures, access platforms, pipe and cable tray supports, grating and checker plate decking etc.
- BS from an accredited engineering school is required or BCE degree in civil engineering
- Civil Structural Coordinator position requires experience in civil and structural AutoCAD drafting, civil and structural design, develop civil plans (such as drainage, pavement design, alignments, architecture, structural, foundations and inspections of structures).
Hunt, Guillot & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.