Exempt Overtime Eligible:
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
The Division of Physics, Mathematics and Astronomy has an opening for part-time administrative support. The position provides support to PMA faculty and their groups for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, general office support, purchasing, travel coordination, scheduling, and conference support.
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week, benefit-based position located on the Caltech campus in Pasadena, CA.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and itineraries. Assists with logistics associated with domestic and international travel, including ensuring compliance with funding agency travel requirements and export regulations.
- Processes expense reports, advances, reimbursements, and payment requests. Deposits reimbursement checks and ensures proper accounting of such deposits.
- Responsible for placing orders for supplies, materials, equipment, and services via P-card or TechMart.
- Manages P-card with responsibility for recordkeeping and timely reconciliation.
- Assists in the coordination of special events such as lunches, group meetings, individual seminars, seminar series, named lectures, and conferences. Assists with event logistics, makes travel arrangements for speakers and coordinates reimbursements.
- Other duties including general photocopying, shredding, or archiving.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to last minute deadlines.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of English grammar.
- Conscientious, detail-oriented, and proactive. Demonstrates good judgment and initiative.
- Customer service oriented; ability to effectively resolve problems by applying policies and procedures.
- College student currently pursuing a BA/BS degree.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to handle change.
- Aptitude for detail with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Previous administrative experience with skills in office operations and procedures.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openings
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency