The financial platform available at Conotoxia.com provides access to the most popular online financial services including currency exchange, money transfers, payments, and Forex trading. Cinkciarz.pl, one of the companies in the Conotoxia Holding Group, has been operating since 2010. It is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. In 2018, it was ranked 8th on the list of the 200 largest companies in Poland according to the Polish opinion-forming weekly, Wprost.
Our Group hires around 300 employees who are passionate about their work. The teams are made up of IT specialists, financial experts, marketing and sales professionals. The Group has offices in Zielona Gora, Warsaw, Chicago and Limassol. The brand is a partner of Chicago Bulls.
Compliance Officer/BSA OFAC Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies, procedures and processes for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Leads the money transmitter licensing compliance function with development, implementation and continuous improvement of policies and compliance procedures, training, driving and maintaining standards and strategies of financial services licensing compliance program.
- Ensures policies, procedures and processes for compliance implementation, reporting and recordkeeping are established and effectively executed commensurate with regulatory requirements of federal and state agencies, and business partners.
- Maintain and update internal controls to manage operational and compliance risks
- Establishes strong process for regulatory engagement, exams and audit, including federal and state licensing agencies, building confidence in our ability to manage and comply with licensing requirements.
- Partners with process owners, business leaders and key stakeholders to develop adequate remediation plans and other action plans to address issues and audit findings.
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Acts as project manager to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, such as key performance indicators and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting to regulators
- Establishes and provides direction and management of the compliance Hotline.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Code of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Develops employee training materials.
- Develops an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Programs and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Interacts with state and federal regulators.
- Represents the company during regulatory exams and audits, provides required documents/information.
- minimum of 10 year experience at compliance, at least 5 years in an MSB company, preferably a FinTech. Familiarity with risk others than compliance (AML/CFT, operational, data security etc).
- minimum of 5 years in compliance program development, particularly operations, implementation and sustainability of money transmitter and payments platform, including end-to-end program documentation, identification of critical controls with corresponding metrics, and program assurance.
- very good knowledge of AML law, payments regulations, protection of personal data (privacy), and consumer law,
- a bachelor’s degree required
- ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, proactive attitude, independence,
- high communication and interpersonal skills,
- very good writing skills.
- goal-oriented, able to search for solutions and proactive solve problems,
- work with accuracy and precision,
- CAMS or ACFCS certification
Desired but not required:
- experience in business communication in Polish language,
- experience in working with European payment institutions.
- professional development: We work with the most modern technologies and tools,
- we work in a friendly atmosphere, without a dress code,
- we offer an employment contract,
- opportunity to work with a global company
- we have a lot of great, talented people working with us!
Job Type: Full-time