Full time, Days
Reporting to the Director of IT Operations Technology & Support, assists in architecture and technical oversight of the infrastructure across the enterprise. In partnership with the Director, is responsible for all design, implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of the Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) Information Technology (IT) Infrastructure. Participates in the development of the infrastructure road map for the future. Guarantees NCH users accessibility to all required computer based resources 7x24x365 according to agreed upon standards. Develops and enforces change management procedures for all supported systems. Ensures the stability, security and accessibility of all applicable IT systems to all NCH supported users. Creates and monitors Infrastructure Support service levels for all of Northwest Community Hospital continuum.
1. Assists in supporting the day to day operations of the Infrastucture/System Administration and the Project Implementation Desktop Support teams; schedules appropriate staff levels; coordinates project staffing needs with the Project Management Office and Applications Support; maintains time and attendance records. Mentors and provides technical oversight of staff.
2. Assumes leadership and architecture role in specific department functions such as improving system reliability, data interchange, system upgrades and database maintenance. Develops, with Information Technology staff, written procedures for the recovery of all Data Center systems after a failure. Coordinates tests of these procedures for accuracy on a regular basis.
3. Participates in the development of short and long term goals, policies and procedures for infrastructure, which support overall IT and the corporation’s strategic plans. Establishes tactical plans to accomplish these goals. Based upon these goals and in conjunction with the Director, assists in the development and administration of the departmental budget.
4. Serves as an escalation point for user requests and concerns. Provides support for user inquiries regarding service levels including report generation, system downtime scheduling, and installation of new devices in the Data Center.
5. Develops and manages the generation and monitoring of system up time statistics including Network traffic studies, Interface performance, downtime by system, total downtime for data center, system backup performance and staff productivity. Monitors all standards against service level agreements, develops and carries out, corrective action plans as needed. Communicates with Directors, staff and clients as appropriate. Uses statistics to forecast appropriate system sizing, and suggest modifications to the systems as necessary.
6. Is a key participant in discussions pertaining to system integration. Manages the upgrades and migration of systems; ensures proper and standard documentation is prepared; enforces quality and testing of all changes to systems. Provides guidance to staff on problem analysis and resolution.
7. Participates in the development of IT notification procedures for application, network and telephone downtimes. Educates NCH support staff of duties, according to NCH IT procedures. Ensures that team provides written procedures for Help Desk to follow during varying system downtime scenarios.
8. Adheres to all Northwest Community Hospital standards, policies and procedures.
1. Level of knowledge equivalent to attainment of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Communication Engineering or a related field.
2. Minimum two years architectural experience in a technical environment required.
3. Minimum two years experience in a computer operations environment required.
4. Experience in supporting a multi-server Windows/Linux/UNIX network both physical and virtual with at least three years of platform specific experience in one of the following required:
- Windows-based network including certifications as a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Certified NetWare Engineer (CNE) or an equivalent level of relevant knowledge (attained by appropriate experience).
- Unix/Linux and advanced knowledge of shell scripting.
- Virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Citrix
5. Experience in supporting a campus wide WAN/LAN environment constituting mainframes and servers via backbone connectivity utilizing various network protocols preferred
6. Knowledge of network monitoring software and wireless communications preferred.
7. Experience in supporting Microsoft Back Office applications (SQL Server, Exchange, Internet Information Server (IIS) and SNA server) preferred. Experience working in a medical setting preferred.
8. The organizational skills necessary to provide architectural oversight to people and projects.
9. Strong problem solving skills including the ability to deal with problems involving abstract variables in non-standard situations.
10. Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with users, vendors, external agencies, and hospital staff. Aptitude for providing positive customer service and good communication skills.
11. The verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively communicate system issues with users, vendors, and hospital staff.
12. Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, other associates and management of Northwest Community Healthcare.
13. Ability to handle difficult clients and situations in a professional and courteous manner.
14. The knowledge required to support PC and network systems; Windows based software concepts and network concepts.
15. The ability to work long hours during crisis situations and provide emergency phone and/or on-site support during non-standard hours as needed.
NCH at a glance
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
Annually, NCH treats an average of 24,000 inpatients and conducts:
337,000 outpatient visits
43,000 home care visits
3,100 newborn deliveries
Approximately 18,000 inpatient and outpatient surgical cases, ranging from open heart surgery and joint replacement to neurosurgery and minimally invasive procedures
NCH provides our patients and community with safe, high quality care - and it shows. Here are a few of the many awards and designations we've recently achieved:
Magnet® Recognition for Nursing Excellence (The American Nurses Credentialing Center awards Magnet status to hospitals that exhibit exemplary patient outcomes and satisfaction, have impressive nurse-to-patient ratios, and attract and retain the best nursing staff.)
Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award
The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
2016 American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award"
4,000 employees including nurses, allied health professionals, administrative and support personnel
More than 1,000 physicians with offices throughout the northwest suburbs
NCH Medical Group, an employed physician group focusing on primary and specialty care
Approximately 800 volunteers providing more than 100,000 hours of service annually
United States-Illinois-Arlington Heights
3040 Salt Creek - Shared Svcs 60005