THIS POSITION REQUIRES A CURRENT Top Secret / SCI.
Core One is seeking a Network Administrator to perform Network and System Administration support for our clients while working to support the maintenance of existing computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance. The ideal candidate will possess an active TS/SCI clearance and should have a strong record of achievement in the IC. Previous experience with the US Government, as a staff employee or contractor is desired. The position is located in Dulles, VA.
- Manages network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Manages network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems for users for supported computer software and hardware, local area network, print functions, and business productivity applications.
- Conducts server and workstation maintenance for client hardware and software.
- Conducts additions, repairs, upgrades, and backups of network assets.
- Ensures network nodes are covered by up-to-date threat protection (patches, OS upgrades, anti-virus, security monitoring agents).
- Performs deskside support for end users on premises.
- Technical assistance during meetings upon request.
- Support system accreditation requirements to ensure system operability.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Strategic Planning and Technical Understanding
- Prior experience with Network Design and Implementation
- Prior experience with WAN/LAN Administration
- Prior experience with Network Performance Tuning
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Cisco CCNA Certification
About Core One
Our mission is to be at the forefront of devising analytical, operational and technical solutions to our Nation's most complex national security challenges. In order to achieve our mission, Core One values people first and is comprised of outstanding professionals from the national security community. Because Core One is committed to seeking top talent, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In addition, Core One is a team-oriented, dynamic and growing company that values exceptional performance and entrepreneurialism.