Al Packer’s White Marsh Ford, LLC is looking for an Auto Body Technician. We’re a large, Ford Body Shop. We have a HUGE fleet business, as well as many direct repairs.
Essential duties include:
- Performing work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy.
- Communicating with Estimators and Parts Associates to obtain necessary parts.
- Assessing vehicle condition to determine if additional safety or repair work is needed.
- Performing all body repairs according to estimate.
- Performing welding, soldering, body alignment, and frame/unibody repairs.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and productive manner, following safety standards for the use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting all work performed as a Quality Control measure as soon as jobs are completed.
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer directions/specifications.
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality repairs.
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become certified.
- Ford experience preferred.
- At least two years’ automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver’s license with an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
· Personable, friendly demeanor with a focus on customer service, both internal and external.
· Maintains a well-groomed, professional appearance
This full-time position will come with a competitive compensation package. We offer up to three weeks of vacation, six paid holidays, a 401K with match, and many other voluntary benefits including:
· Health coverage
· Dental coverage
· Vision coverage
· Life insurance
· Disability, short & long-term
In addition, because we are independently owned, we offer a family friendly environment. We believe a healthy work / life balance leads to happier, more productive associates. And, we firmly believe in promoting from within. Most of our current management team was promoted from within!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,400.00 - $91,520.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Middle River, MD 21220: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Auto Body Repair: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person