About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is a producer of innovative custom-engineered components, products, and specialty packaging. Using foams, plastics, composites, and natural fiber materials, we design and manufacture a vast range of solutions primarily for the medical, automotive, aerospace & defense, electronics, consumer, and industrial markets. Our team acts as an extension of customers’ in-house research, engineering and manufacturing groups, working closely with them to solve their most complex product and packaging challenges. For our customers, innovation takes many shapes. But each solution is shaped by a level of design, materials and process expertise that is unique to UFP Technologies..
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative is engaged in handling orders, telephone and other inquiries from customers. Complies with customer service policies and procedures to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction. Recommends corrective action, maintains records regarding customer requests, and determines work procedures / schedules to expedite workflow. Provides support to outside sales staff on key customer accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles Request for Quotes (RFQs) and is responsible for communicating customer specifications and requirements to engineering / estimators.
- Oversees handling every aspect of a customer’s purchase order, including, but not limited to, the timely verification of data and accurate entry of order information into the order entry systems.
- Works with purchasing and production personnel, as required, to define delivery dates, communicate delivery commitment to customers and follow-up with written acknowledgements.
- Serves as customer advocate driving improvements in service levels, as needed.
- Acts as a point of contact for the field sales team to identify, investigate and clarify problems and determine quick and effective resolutions.
- Communicates proper billing terms, agreements and conditions to Accounts Receivable. In some cases (i.e. government contracts) processes invoices.
- Handles Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)’s and credits through the accurate and timely entry of data into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Provides and monitors the metrics for on-time delivery, order fulfillment and cycle time.
- Ensures continued improvement of service levels and provides corrective actions to sustain customer service levels.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts, as required.
- Maintains overall service continuity between customer service / inside sales, outside sales, engineering and operational personnel to ensure that customer service levels are maintained.
- Manages special projects as assigned by manager.
- Remains accountable for all commitments made.
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED), and
- One year customer service or sales experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time