85K - 95K per year
40 hours per week
VP of Technical Accounting
Your job is delivering amazing client service every day. You strive to provide extraordinary service. You go above and beyond the call of duty to delight our clients.
This is an interesting job if:
You enjoy working in the daily operations in accounting and finance departments. You love juggling many clients, different requests and using a variety of systems. You are a trusted advisor to your clients.
You excel at ensuring timely completion of tasks and compliance. This is an exhilarating role with many different clients from every kind of start-up entity you can imagine.
You understand client intricacies of areas such as revenue, expenses, payroll and all things balance sheet related. You love digging into complex projects and running with them from start to finish.
You are a detail and quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and other’s work are done with the highest excellence for every client.
You don’t get too stressed juggling many balls and tight deadlines. You see these as daily challenges you embrace. You’re not afraid of technology, learning new things or new ways of doing business.
You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges. You are continually learning new skills and knowledge. You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed. You take ownership, initiative and pride in your work.
It’s essential you have the desire, skills and knowledge of (It’s okay if you don’t know everything but you must have the desire and drive to learn):
- Mastery of best-of-breed accounting and payroll software such as: QuickBooks Online (certification preferred), NetSuite, Expensify, Bill.com, Gusto, Zenefits and many others.
- Strong knowledge and experience of GAAP in areas of:
o SaaS Accounting
o Prepaid Expenses and Accrued Revenue
o ASC 605 and 606:
o ASC 805:
o ASC 718:
o Fixed Assets, Inventory, Manufacturing
o We have clients in many industries. You name it, we probably have client in it. If you’ve got experience, we’re interested.
- Knowledge and execution of tax process:
o Federal Form 1120
o Annual State filings and Franchise Taxes
o Local Business Registrations & Compliance
o Depreciation and Amortization (MACRS) and requisite schedules
o Use and Sales Tax
o R&D Tax Credits
o Alternative Minimum Taxation (AMT)
o Net Operating Losses (NOLs)
o W9/1099 and W8/1042 implementation and execution
- Execute the Kruze internal and quality processes:
o Review and confirm for accuracy and completeness for
§ Reconciliations, expense accruals, and prepaids
§ Revenue recognition, accruals and deferrals
§ Cost of Goods, Fixed and Intangible Assets
§ Accounts Payable & Receivable aging summaries
§ Equity/Funding accounts
o Sign-off on all supporting schedules and confirm that all reviews have sign-off
o Review current month expense categories against historical expenses for accuracy and consistency
o Ensure questions are posed to the Client on unique expenses.
o Complete evaluations for other reviewers.
o Distribute and present monthly financials to clients
o Ability to structure and recommend foundational accounting processes to clients
o Deliver materially accurate and timely financial statements to clients
- Proficiency in three statement financial modeling
- Ability to prepare statistical reports and analyze financial reports.
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations
- Knowledge of computer information systems to present financial information
- Budget planning and forecasting
- Manage internal staff and clients
- You must be comfortable in the startup environment (read: sometimes chaotic and lacking structure)
- Training and mentoring of staff.
Preferred Skills & Prerequisites
Read this before you apply:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Big 4 or national and regional accounting experience preferred
- CPA or Qualified CPA track candidate
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles and practices
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are a must
- Strong time and priority management skills
We are hiring Controllers and Account Managers who will work 100% remotely. As a Controller/Account Manager you will assist with the daily operations of client accounting & finance departments. You must be able to work with multiple clients daily to ensure timely completion and compliance are achieved. The ability to work and lead teams, troubleshoot, manage relationships, and create foundational trust and systems in chaotic and often disorganized environments is critical. This role is constantly changing, and you must be flexible and open-minded.
Just a reminder…. This is a remote position. You must have the discipline, maturity and emotional intelligence to work remotely in this environment. While it seems really cool, it’s not for everyone.
This is a fast paced, deadline driven role. You must enjoy and thrive in this type of environment.
Kruze Consulting provides Startup CFO Consulting to startups in Silicon Valley, Los Angeles and New York. We handle all Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, Human Resources, and Tax issues. We utilize the best of breed software tools such as QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Zenefits, Expensify, Bill.com, and Emburse. The client base is comprised of Seed, Series A, and Series B startups from YC, 500 Startups, & StartX.
How to get this job:
We want to see a great cover letter, resume and anything else you want to show us.
We offer competitive benefits including:
Medical, Dental, and Vision, 401k, FSA , PTO (15 days), Sick Time Off (9 days) New Client Origination Bonus of 2.5% of first-year client revenue. Quarterly bonuses based on managed and consulting revenue.