GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always .
Position Details :
PT2 20-29 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
Is responsible for the gathering and transfer of technical, diagnostic and clinically related information in order to facilitate quality and timely patient care services.
Accurately performs computer order entry. Including appropriate downtime procedure.
Measures, records and mounts EKG strips as per policy.
Accurately identifies basic and major dysrhythmia for up to 60 patients and reports changes to RN.
Takes initiative to keep equipment readily available by putting it away and tracking it down when missing.
Demonstrates effective communication strategies by keeping charge nurse, clinical coordinator and manager informed, reading communication and memo books and checking mailbox at least every week.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills for set up, operation, calibration, cleaning, and maintenance of portable telemetry transmitters.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills for proper lead placement, troubleshooting artifact and adjustment to voltage.
Ensures that patients receive proper instruction and collects necessary patient information/demographics.
Communicate with Service Response Center and Patient Transport for patient movement and other EKG related tasks.
Orders supplies when needed through department procedures.
Helps train other staff members on reading and analyzing telemetry rhythms and use of equipment.
Completes monthly competencies on telemetry rhythm analysis.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Must successfully complete Basic Cardiac Rhythm Analysis course provided by Genesis within 60 days of hire.
Ability to read, write and explain or describe information to patients/customers and hospital staff.
Attention to detail.
Ability to work well with others in a team setting.
Must demonstrate clear, concise and effective communication skills.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
Working Conditions :
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
T he physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No routine exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
- But may perform unplanned tasks with possible exposure.
- Works on a patient unit or outpatient care setting.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds to waist level.
- Close up and peripheral vision abilities.
- Possible exposure to infectious/contagious diseases.
Th is description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.