Scope of Position
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Director of Food & Beverage will have the organizational capability, creativity, flexibility and commitment required to successfully manage the Food and Beverage operations of the hotel and to run the operation profitably (meeting or exceeding budget) ensuring full implementation of JW Turnberry Miami Resort and Spa standards of service and safety and the highest levels of guest satisfaction.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a leader in a food and beverage environment.
- Strong restaurant operation background.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume
concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations in the front and
back of the house.
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Responsible for directing Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Lounges, Pool Food and Beverage operations.
- Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Develop and execute local and sales/marketing programs in conjunction with Sales & Marketing leadership.
- Supervise and control the work of all food and beverage team members, including managerial and supervisory team
- Direct and oversee recruitment and development of team members.
- Hire, interview, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment
policy, discipline and separate as appropriate.
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory and budget for food and beverage operations.
- Coordinate food and beverage operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Primarily responsible for planning and day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
- Overall supervision of meal service.
- Organize and conduct training and development for team members.
- Implement procedures to increase guest and team member satisfaction.
- Ensure all daily rehearsal meetings are conducted.
- Work with the Culinary on menu engineering.
- Track weekly labor reports to ensure productivity.
- Exercise quality control for food and beverage.
- Assist with departmental forecasting and budgeting.
- Maintaining JW Marriott Turnberry Resort & Spa standards of service and ensure their implementation.
- Performing daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and JW Marriott Turnberry
Miami Resort & Spa standards.
- Promote and maintain good team member relations between service kitchen, stewarding and dining room personnel.
- A lead effort in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring team members; conducts performance appraisals, coach and counsel,
progressive corrective action, motivate, develop and train.
- Full knowledge of industry trends.
- Responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints made per the open door policy.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in luxury hotels/resorts.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in the English language. Second language is a plus.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling, cleaning techniques and use of equipment machinery.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including holidays and weekends and able to perform multiple tasks.
- Experience using computers and software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be physically fit in order to lift, pull and push items up to 50 pounds.
- Also requires standing/walking/reaching and bending throughout shift.