BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA for a per diem opportunity performing home health visits within senior living facilities in Baltimore County, MD. This position will also assist with group fitness classes within the senior living facilities.
BAYADA Senior Living offers a comprehensive continuum of care to its clients, including traditional home care under the Medicare Part A benefit, as well as outpatient therapy services under the Medicare Part B benefit. The foundation of the program is exceptional clinical care and relationship management as BAYADA clinicians become a true healthcare partner in the senior living communities. Communities include assisted living, independent living, senior congregate living, 55+ communities, and intermediate care facilities for clients with intellectual disabilities.
Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA Responsibilities include:
Physical Therapy Assistant, PTA Qualifications include:
- Make facility visits to clients in designated geographic territories.
- Carry out treatment plans as prepared by the Physical Therapist.
- Educate and instruct clients, family members, and/or other caregivers in activities necessary to promote the client's social and emotional well-being, safety, and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a state-of-the-art touch pad tablet.
- Lead scheduled group exercise classes for the residents of Senior Living Communities
- Develop fitness classes which are designed to develop and promote positive fitness levels for a senior population
BAYADA believes that our employees are our greatest asset:
- Must have a current PTA license in the State of MD.
- Have graduated from a two-year college level program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association, as indicated by school transcript or diploma.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred
- Enjoy being part of a team that cares and a company that believes in leading with our values.
- Develop your skills with training and scholarship opportunities.
- Advance your career with specially designed career tracks.
- Be recognized and rewarded for your compassion, excellence, and reliability.
- Benefits may include medical, dental, and life insurance; mileage reimbursement; paid time off; weekly pay and direct deposit; scholarship opportunities; one-on-one training; recognition programs; referral bonuses; 401(k) with company match; and opportunities for career advancement.
BAYADA Home Health Care is headquartered in suburban Philadelphia. BAYADA employs more than 23,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities from more than 300 offices in 22 states. BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.