The University of Kansas Health System is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We are driven by our commitment to service, to continuous improvement and to the highest degree of excellence. Every member of our team shares an unwavering commitment to put patients first. We offer a wide array of career opportunities, along with competitive pay and outstanding benefits. We invite you to join us as we continue to advance the power of academic medicine.
Position Summary/Career Interest
The lead monitor technician is responsible for assisting with recruitment and is responsible for assisting in the training, management, and overall performance of the Monitor Technician team.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- The lead monitor tech will train monitor techs in the areas of telemetry, i.e. rhythm interpretation, documentation, notification procedures.
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of monitor technicians including PTO coverage.
- Document, record, review, and evaluate monitor tech work efforts including review of rhythm interpretation and notifications to nursing units; maintain documentation on monitor techs to support required reviews and evaluations as they are performed.
- Maintains necessary blank documentation forms, equipment inventory, and new materials as required.
- Provide reminders to staff of upcoming education due dates and TLC requirements.
- Participates in improving organizational/departmental performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement, collecting data, and providing input to department discussions.
- Maintains call log database to track trends in phone calls to telemetry units; updates nurse manager with this information as necessary.
- Perform monitor technician duties, such as rhythm interpretation and management, as necessary.
- CNA, MA
- Read, write and speak English
- EMT, Paramedic
- 1 year of experience as a Monitor Tech