- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Education, Experience & Requirements:
- Proven track record with 3 to 5 years sales experience within the heavy equipment industry and/or 5 years’ experience in the related field
- Ideal candidate will have direct Industrial and Petrochemical sales experience with heavy equipment and specialty attachments
- Must have experience in managing projects, new business development, and customer retention
- Strong technical aptitude is ideal
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work and communicate effectively with all levels of the company
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must pass company drug screen and background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing
- 2-4 year degree is preferred, but not required
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to visit and move around at construction and other work sites.
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that may weigh up to 25 lbs.
Benefits available: health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off.
Equal opportunity employer.
Come grow with us!
Job Types: Full-time, Commission