Northern Light A.R. Gould
Department: Physical Therapy
Position is located: Northern Light A.R. Gould Hospital
Work Type: PRN
Work Schedule: 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
A Resource Aide is responsible for providing support for patients throughout A.R. Gould Hospital. The RA is to follow strict guidelines and instruction from the professional staff. Their role is to support and augment treatment with therapists and/or nursing staff. Their role may include but not limited to the transport of patients between departments, patient mobilization including gait and repositioning in bed, comfort rounding and general physical support in the provision of care to patients.
1. Assist therapy and nursing staff in the day to day operations and care of patients.
2. Transport patient to other departments for testing, treatment
- Daily patient mobilization- up to chair, ambulation in hallway
- Patient activities as guided by Swing Coordinator and Activities
- Ensure patients are OOB for all meals
- Assist wound team with repositioning, supplies, compliance rounding
- Patient comfort rounding- snacks, drinks, blanket
- Assist with call bell response
- Monitors own performance and identifies own supervisory needs
Competencies and skills:
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
- Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- No previous experience required.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Continuous standing.
- Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.