We are seeking a talented application-focused visual designer with a proven ability to create compelling, innovative, and enjoyable user experiences. You will be responsible for creating visuals for web and mobile applications for a variety of products in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will work closely with product owners, usability researchers, engineers, other designers, and developers to create and improve next-generation online experiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
Description & Responsibilities:
- Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce world-class visuals that support and reinforce the T-Mobile’s vision, brand, and business objectives.
- Collaborate with UX teams as well as product owners, development, and business teams to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand graphic solutions to build a good user experience.
- Produce sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and visual standards for internal mobile and desktop applications used by engineers.
- Provide and manage design documentation, style guides, and our visual voice.
- Partner with across teams to create relevant assets and comps.
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Experience: & Education
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience as a visual designer
- Bachelor’s in design-related field required; prefer background in HCD or HCDE or equivalent work experience in UCD.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within HCD. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn ideas into a strong and unique creative vision. Please make your online portfolio available when you apply.
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input
- Experience working with multiple projects at one time to make aggressive deadlines
- Solid written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Expertise in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (CS6) including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks.
- Knowledge of accessibility requirements preferred.
- Ability to successfully present designs to senior leadership
- Prototyping and/or multimedia skills preferred
Job Type: Contract
- visual designer: 2 years (Required)