The Front Office Receptionist’s responsibilities include patient scheduling, registration, and financial procedures. The Front Office/Receptionist promotes a teamwork environment for the office staff. This individual, along with the Nurse Manager, collaborates for surgery center processes to promote cost-effective, efficient quality services throughout the surgery center.
- Performs surgery center clerical tasks such as typing, filing, and mail preparation and distribution.
- Performs clerical work, minor administrative and business details, scheduling appointments, giving information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail, filing correspondence and other records, and other assigned clerical duties.
- Provides clerical, secretarial and receptionist support for the surgery center under the general and direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Minimum 2 years in physician office performing Front Office functions required.
- Strong mathematical abilities required.
- Epic software experience preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
- Ability to use multi-line phone system, including transferring calls and paging.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact while multi-tasking, organizing and scheduling patients
Job Type: Full-time
- medical office: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: