Responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry station and presentation of food items at the station window.
- Set up stations according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follow recipes, portion controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety, sanitation and organization skills.
- Understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain equipment in station.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation and organization of kitchen, coolers and all storage areas.
- Perform additional responsibilities, as assigned by the Executive Chef or the Kitchen Person-in-Charge.
- Works as a positive member of the team and projects a can-do attitude.
- Supports the Executive Chef in achieving food cost goals.
- 100% standing
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.
- Must be able to transport up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
- Must be able to hear clearly with correction.
- Must be able to see clearly with correction.
- Must be professional at all times and keep a well groomed and clean uniform appearance in exhibition kitchen
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Previous prep or line cook experience.
- Understands all menu presentations and procedures for the station they are working.
- Must have (or obtain) a valid Washington State Food Handlers permit
- Must have (or obtain) a valid Washington State Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) permit
Skills / Aptitude
- English language and professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service and food and beverage knowledge.
Position reports to the Executive Chef
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.50 to $15.00 /hour