Youth Ambassadors Community Leadership Program (Volunteer Position)
High school and college students are invited to apply to the Youth Ambassadors Community Leadership Program for the 2019-2020 school year. This program trains students in educational practices, community building and leadership through their work with Science Ambassadors, an after school program at the New York Hall of Science (NYSCI) where K-8 students from the local neighborhood of Corona are invited to the museum to participate in free educational programming.
During the course of the program, participants will:
- Receive training in educational practices and communication.
- Take a self-assessment and evaluation to track personal development.
- Have access to exclusive college and career readiness workshops hosted by NYSCI staff.
- Network with peers through fun team-building and appreciation events.
- At least 14 years old, or a freshmen in high school.
- Available for both a full semester commitment. Students available for both the fall and spring semesters (September – June) strongly preferred.
- Availability from 3 – 5:15 pm, two days a week, Monday – Thursday (excluding school holidays and breaks).
- Eager to develop leadership and communication skills.
- In good academic standing (85 average or above).
- Provide a teacher recommendation letter.
How To Apply
Fill out an application form by Wednesday, September 18 here. If you have any questions, please contact Iram Jabbar.