You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The American Express Network enables over $1.2 Trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. Network Acquiring Solutions (NAS) operates the American Express Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers as well as launching a new Network in China. The NAS team is also driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network creating innovative products, services, and capabilities that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
Reporting to the Director of Product Development & Management, this role is an exciting opportunity for a talented product manager to drive the product vision, strategy, go to market and distribution plans, and ongoing development for American Express QR Code methods enabling Card Members alternative ways to pay with their American express Card.
The Manager/Senior Manager of Network Product Development & Management for American Express QR will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Serve as a leader with the business strategy and product management of launched QR solutions payment product by obtaining a deep knowledge of the product and to influence emerging payment standards
- Contribute to the product strategy and execution of the “In-person” roadmaps in close partnership with the other Product Owners, Network Delivery and Technology teams
- Gather and study market trends, industry standards and developments, competitive landscapes, and the voice of the customer to identify new opportunities to enhance the value proposition and influence the product roadmap
- Deliver monthly analytics, reports and KPIs to define what winning looks like, build robust business cases, and optimize the prioritization of the various roadmaps
- Collaborate with the Network Distribution Strategy team to drive forward the go to market and distribution plans for QR, including the articulation of the value proposition, marketing strategy, and ongoing metrics to measure product benefits
- Work with Network Policy, Legal, and Compliance teams to manage the policies surrounding “In-Person” payment products and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Work with other Product partners to identify potential cross-product synergies and new use cases to leverage and/or combine product capabilities to deliver incremental value to customers
- Engage with and influence internal business unit leaders and partners to understand customer needs and pain points, collaborate on new/relevant product concepts, and co-develop solutions to ultimately drive spend
- Relevant experience: 3+ years of experience in a Product role supporting digital payments
- Communication: Ability to break down complex technical concepts into simple business terms linked to a business strategy. You thrive at the intersection of tech and business and can straddle both worlds easily. You are an excellent communicator, orally and in written communication
- Passion for payments and fintech: You are excited about emerging payments and keep your finger on the pulse of industry and competitor developments. You are curious and inquisitive and think creatively and revel in “What if scenarios...”
- Execution focus: Proven track record of coordinating between Business, Delivery, and Technology teams to define, prioritize, and deliver on a product roadmap
- Strategic thought leadership: Ability to synthesize and translate market and industry trends into opportunities for AXP to drive digital spend and further enhance our customer offering
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team collaboration to achieve results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change. Demonstrated track record for delivering results in complex and highly matrixed organizations
These qualifications are highly preferred, but not required for the role:
- Product knowledge: You have working knowledge of the payment industry, QR codes and understand how data flows across distributed systems
- Experience with APIs and SDKs: You have experience in reading and understanding technical interfaces including APIs. While we do not expect you to code APIs, we expect you to have given thought to developing APIs and API strategy.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $155,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.