PLANNED PARENTHOOD OF WISCONSIN, INC.
At Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin, Inc. (PPWI), we work to provide quality, affordable health care services, comprehensive education, and strong advocacy. We serve over 60,000 patients annually in 21 health centers statewide, making us the largest and most trusted reproductive health care provider in Wisconsin. Our goal is to help keep Wisconsin safe, healthy and strong!
This is an excellent opportunity for a Program Specialist (24 hrs./wk.) at our Jackson Street Administration Office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Director of Business Operations, the Business Operations Program and Administrative Assistant will provide support to the business operations department, health center staff, shipping staff, PPWI clients and others to ensure the smooth, successful operation of the Quarterly Contraceptive Kit (QCK) program. The position will serve as a primary contact for questions and concerns involving the QCK program including establishing eligibility of coverage, accurate data entry, accurate posting of transactions, managing patient contact in resolving delivery/return issues, advising staff on appropriate best practices with regard to the program, and providing excellent customer service to our clients enrolled in the program. The position troubleshoots problems that might exist in reporting, eligibility, posting, shipping, data entry, and other processes related to the program in order to ensure optimum revenue capture and quality customer service for QCK.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Ability to carry out multiple assignments and follow through with complex tasks.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and demonstrated computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with diverse personnel.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team member.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Demonstrated information technology proficiency and the ability to work with different software tools to complete tasks
- Independently motivated to meet goals and objectives of the program.
- Ability to troubleshoot errors in reporting and transactions in order to effectively identify solutions for optimum revenue capture.
- Demonstration of effective communication and organizational skills, including ability to work with all levels of employees.
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Independently motivated to meet program management goals and objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Position requires a minimum of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with a clinical practice management system or equivalent database experience required. NextGen EPM preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position is predominantly sedentary requiring an ability to sit, bend, stand and walk. May require occasional stooping, reaching, stair-climbing and repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard. Rarely requires kneeling, pushing/pulling and repetitive motions of the feet.
Physical demands of the position necessitate hearing, talking, handling and grasping regularly. May require lifting up to 30 pounds. Specific vision conditions include close vision reading. Requires the ability to operate a computer, telephone, fax and copier.
The position is generally performed in an administrative office environment, but involves frequent interruptions. The noise level is generally low to quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:including, but not limited to, the following:
Manage daily eligibility verification for all patients on the QCK program.
Perform the accurate posting of all QCK transactions in the practice management system.
Coordinate QCK texting program including client sign up and removal requests, batching and processing of reminder contact information and on-going maintenance of client information in the practice management system.
Provide excellent customer service to patients on QCK, mainly but not limited to telephone communication.
Develop strong working relationships with health center staff in order to provide quality support and understand best methods for implementation of the QCK program in each of our 22 health centers.
Manage reports, patient accounts and other information in order to troubleshoot problems, and identify and implement solutions in the successful delivery of QCK packages and optimize revenue capture.
Maintain accurate records of returns, delivery issues and ineligibility.
Collaborate with purchasing staff, health center staff, and business operations staff to leverage QCK process improvement.
Provide program support via phone and email to problem solve and guide QCK clients.
Run and modify reports for monitoring and auditing transactions on the practice management system related to the QCK program.
Follow agency guidelines for identifying QCK program incidents and submit incident reports using online tool when QCK incidents occur.
Provide coverage for quality assurance checks of kits to be shipped as needed.
Provide QCK quarterly and end of year inventory support as needed.
Contribute ideas to QCK marketing plan and provide support for ongoing incentive programs involving QCK program sign up.
OTHER DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Resolve missing data found through weekly clean up reports by entering the data or alerting health center staff to what is missing. Monitor data over time to ensure resolution.
Serve as administrative support for the business operations department, including managing forms, collating training materials, and maintaining other Microsoft Office Suite documents as needed.
Share responsibility for answering the administrative switchboard with other departments as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned.