The Engine - dedicated to helping tough tech founders build the next generation of world-changing companies - is seeking a unique person to join our Operations team and manage our internal operations and community.
The Operations Manager will oversee the day to day operations of the building and manage the Community Operations Team. The three key areas of focus for the team are Resident Experience, Building Maintenance & Operations, and Team and employee culture & engagement. We are an agile team, and there will frequently be opportunities to work on special projects, event management and support activities in the fund, program, network and Engine room.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage, train and develop team of 3 Community Operations associates
- Proactively manage the building operations and systems maintenance
- Work with all landlord and building vendors for PM, annual checks and ad hoc maintenance needs; Work through Community Operations associate to manage daily maintenance of the space
- Maintain furniture, upgrade and purchase new items as necessary
- Resolve resident issues and maintain relationships with all teams during their tenure
- Oversee the Resident and Building database system accurately and manage updates and fixes; check for accuracy monthly through community operations team
- Prepare and Send all resident billing invoices on a monthly basis
- Develop and create monthly reports for space management, revenue & expense reporting
- Work with Head of Operations to prepare and execute on Space budgets
- Onboard all new Engine portfolio companies and Residents in conjunction with the Community Operations, Fund and Accelerator teams
- Prepare and execute Resident & vendor agreements and paperwork
- Maintain documents for Landlord quarterly reports; communicate regularly with Landlord and MIT contacts
- Onboard all new Engine team members
- Continually find ways to create efficiencies and best practices for the building systems, team processes, and resident experience
- Develop SOPs for our operations team, building management and resident communications
- Plan and execute Weekly and Monthly Communication strategy for all Residents including weekly emails to team and residents, and Town Hall meetings
- Develop and oversee Resident engagement events and series through the Community Operations team
- Develop performance metrics for Community Operations team: help identify strengths and weaknesses by measuring key production factors
Qualities in an ideal candidate:
- Motivated by The Engine’s mission to help tough tech entrepreneurs create game-changing companies, starting here in Cambridge
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience, with some management experience
- Have excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively
- Highly detail oriented with superb organizational skills.
- Creative and innovative thinker
- High collaborator and team player, willing to jump into anything
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to multi-task with results-oriented mindset
- Calm individual who can operate under pressure, meet deadlines, and pivot quickly
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Flexible, proactive and optimistic.
- Be able to work autonomously, but willing to ask questions and receive feedback
- Event experience is a bonus
About The Engine:
The Engine, founded by MIT, is a $200M venture fund and support platform focused on early-stage companies developing world-changing technologies. It offers long-term capital (The Engine Fund), access to specialized equipment (The Engine Room), connectivity to industrial and academic partners (The Engine Network) and the entrepreneurial knowledge and guidance to succeed (The Engine Program).
The Engine is located in Central Square in Cambridge and operates a 25,000 square-feet facility with co-working offices, a bio lab, a wet chemistry lab and a prototyping shop. Since opening its doors in June 2017, The Engine has committed resources to 9 companies and created an unprecedented framework for bringing tough tech from the lab to the commercial world. Our website contains additional details about our founders, our team, our mission and our offering: www.engine.xyz
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- operations: 3 years (Required)
- Cambridge, MA 02139 (Preferred)