Our mission is to help our brands build deep, meaningful relationships with their customers. We’re unlocking the power of multi-channel engagement, predictive data science, and good old fashioned experimentation to achieve that mission.
As a Sr Software Engineer you will work on various components of the Clutch platform, including various APIs and external integrations, streaming data processes, web apps, and more. Your initial focus will be on supporting, enhancing, and implementing external software integrations. Most of our backend and DevOps infrastructure is in Java (sometimes Scala) and we leverage AWS heavily to rapidly scale for our growing customer-base.
- Leverage the Clutch platform to build and enhance integrations between our platform and external eCommerce, Point of Sale, ERP, and various other types of systems
- Continuously improve the product’s quality and performance
- Help develop Clutch’s architecture and infrastructure, build internal tools and processes
- Work collaboratively with geographically dispersed teams.
- Java development experience
- Startup mindset: you focus on users and work thoughtfully, quickly, and collaboratively to build solid products.
- Data Driven: you use data and evidence to chart a clear path to growth and decision making
- Experience building and supporting scalable software systems
- Good working knowledge of basic modern technologies: relational databases, Unix, search engines, NoSQL data stores, cloud computing (AWS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in (small) teams
Nice to Haves
- Experience with retail commerce systems is a huge plus (i.e. Shopify, Netsuite)
- NoSQL experience a huge plus (Cassandra, Solr)
- Scala experience
- Experience with Play/Lightbend Framework
- 401(k) plan, full medical/dental/vision, Unlimited PTO within reason
Why you should join Clutch:
- Clutch is forging a convergence between traditional marketing strategies and leading-edge predictive marketing. We want to build a lasting relationship between our brands and their customers while cutting out any messaging that feels spammy and unnecessary.
- We have a tight team who favor ideas and humor above hierarchy and ego
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)