Who we're looking for:
As a Data Scientist at NS8, you will join a team of passionate Data Scientists, Data Engineers and ML Engineers who are focused on building cutting edge data tools that empower our 10k+ e-commerce merchants to provide a frictionless experience for real users and to block fraudulent ones. We are looking for team members that love to solve challenging and novel problems on a massive scale.
What you'll do
Experiences you need:
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of your development data
- Use supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms to identify fraudulent events and optimize the risk/reward tradeoffs our merchants face
- Build prototypes and implement them in collaboration with Product/Eng
- Build solutions that can handle millions of events daily
- Create robust and highly readable documentation
- Stay up to date on new developments and frameworks that could further optimize NS8's data services for our clients
- Think deeply about the problem we are solving and propose novel data-driven solutions that we don't currently see
Who we are:
- MS in Engineering, Statistics, Quantitative Economics or equivalent experience
- Expert querying data in SQL, BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift or other Data Warehouse
- Proficiency with data science toolkits in Python or R.
- Experience querying data from a distributed file service/data lake
- 2+ years professional experience building algorithms and automated systems
- Industry experience with fraud prevention a plus
Founded in 2016, NS8 began with the goal of empowering businesses to better fight the growing epidemic of online fraud. Our software combines advertising protection, order protection, and global monitoring into a single solution that safeguards merchants against ever-evolving digital threats.
Born from data orchestration and early-stage detection, NS8's fast and accurate risk-scoring technology provides better insight into real customers and allows businesses to filter out malicious activity before it starts.
Benefits we provide:
- Laid-back office environment with casual attire
- Occasional catered lunches, plus kitchen stocked daily with drinks and a variety of snacks
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off—holidays, vacation and volunteering days
- Paid sick time
- Employer-paid health insurance package
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Work-from-home days
- This is largely a sedentary role. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be capable of bending and kneeling, reaching and lifting, and squatting for short periods of time.
NS8 Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.