UCUC Preschool is hiring
- Assistant Teacher/ Outdoor Specialist
- Pay is based on Education and Experience
- Position is Part Time
- Hours are Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-1:30 pm
- Position Begins August 27, 2018
What makes UCUC Unique
Teachers at UCUC work together to create fun learning environments that help develop the whole child. We celebrate with our students as they gain new knowledge, develop confidence in their abilities and meet developmental goals. We build strong relationships with our families and delight in sharing about their child’s accomplishments though a variety of ways including monthly newsletters, mobile apps and personal discussions. We take pride in our accreditation through The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), and work hard to maintain the highest standards in early childhood education. Our program closely follows the San Diego City Schools Academic Calendar.
We are interested in applicants who:
*Enjoy creating fun playful spaces for early learners.
* Must have completed the core ECE units ( Child Growth & Development) ( Child, Family & Community) and (Curriculum)
* Are over 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of Emergent Curriculum
- Previous preschool teaching experience
- Ability to plan and implement curriculum for a mixed age group (2 years -5 years)
- Arranging a fresh and inspiring outdoor classroom that includes but is not limited to; art, science, sensory play, fine motor activities, language & mathematic activities and large motor development.
- Ability to: work outdoors for an extended period, lift and carry, push and pull up to 45 lbs.
- Complies with licensing regulations including: maintaining a safe environment for students, performing a morning inspection of yard and raking the sand so it stays soft.
- Works with parent volunteers to create a beautiful garden space.
- Capability of redirecting staff to ensure that staff are supervising students.
- Proficiency with Ipads to make incident reports and post class activities.
- Communicates with the Director, the Assistant Director and Teaching Staff. Attends Staff meetings and Lead Teacher Meetings to better facilitate the development of our Outdoor Classroom.
- Participates in continuing education through conferences and workshops.
- From 9:00 am- 12:10 pm- Assists teachers with student supervision including bathroom supervision and stepping in to help support the classroom in times of urgency.
*Please include your resume and copy of transcripts
Job Type: Part-time
- preschool teaching: 1 year