For more than 70 years, Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC has helped businesses and individuals across the country shape clearer paths forward. Our professional accounting and assurance, consulting, tax, and technology services allow clients to streamline and organize operations, comply with changing regulations, and boost business growth with the right technological tools. As Louisiana’s top CPA firm, our rapid growth is continuing. We are looking for leaders to GROW WITH US!
A Tax Manager assumes full responsibility for directing engagements and special assignments and has the enhanced capability of supervising a number of engagements simultaneously. A Manager oversees the performance of client service and all related activity and ensures that assignments are accomplished by the engagement team within the budgeted time. This role takes on responsibility for the professional and technical development of the staff through on-the-job interaction and leading in-house training. Additionally, a Manager begins to develop a list of potential referral sources in an effort to bring new business to the Firm and is involved in community activities for the purposes of business development and cross-selling the Firm’s services. In addition to engagement functions, a Manager will be called upon for a variety of special assignments and for participation in the Firm’s internal programs. At this level, a Manager should be developing expertise in one or more specific industry or functional/technical areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- CPA designation is required.
- 5+ years of relevant position experience is required.
- Experience in a public accounting or professional services firm environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and Regulations is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to deal effectively with interpersonal relationships.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be highly organized and capable of performing multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking skill capabilities are essential.
- Must demonstrate technical proficiency and the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products with an emphasis in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills, or similar software applications.
- Conducts and supervises field work.
- Supervises Senior and Staff accountants.
- Monitors workload on a weekly basis to ensure work for the coming week.
- Assists in the training of Staff accountants through both on-the-job training and in-house training.
- Completes all financial statements, tax returns and special service engagements.
- Reviews reports, statements and returns upon completion.
- Reviews research of tax issues as appropriate; formulates resolution of issues identified through the research process.
- Informs engagement Director of the status of the engagement and other pertinent aspects of the engagement.
- Maintains client contact throughout the year as is required by the nature of the engagement.
- Plans engagements to achieve quality goals and reduces time required to perform an engagement.
- Recognizes opportunities to provide additional services to new or existing clients.
- Continues the development of a network for future practice development opportunities.
- Prepares time budgets.
- Assists in the appropriate billing and collection of fees from clients.
- May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Health & Wellness:
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.