Supply Chain Associate
This is a full-time position. Immediate opening.
The Supply Chain Associate position is accountable for supporting the supply chain activities for The Opal Group and client companies. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, functions include inventory record keeping, warehouse management, invoice reconciliation, import and export logistics, US-customs clearance, freight coordination, freight claims, production planning, co-packer management, procurement of raw materials, special projects, and prospective client interaction.
- Knowledge of contracting and managing customs brokers for international shipments, contracting and managing warehouse services, contracting and managing freight providers, converting sales forecasts into production plans, and managing co-pack facilities.
- Must demonstrate a professional, positive attitude with a willingness to contribute to team success.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively, both internally and externally, demonstrating knowledge, a positive attitude and confidence. This applies to clients, peers, and potential clients.
- Leadership skills necessary to lead projects and promote cooperation among team members.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred. Experience in Supply Chain is a plus.
- Experience in Microsoft and Google Programs and Applications.
- Must comply with all company policies.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Setting up and managing customs brokers, freight providers, warehouse service providers, suppliers, and production facilities.
- Maintaining ongoing client relationships via email, phone, and video conference.
- Researching government regulations and industry/trade practices.
- Auditing and record-keeping.
- Coordinating projects with all of The Opal Group’s internal departments.
Compensation will depend on experience.
Salary range is $28,000 - $36,000.
Full range of benefits offered with this position.
Hours: 8:30-5pm with a 1/2 hour lunch
Casual Dress. Business casual if clients are visiting.
Location: Upper St. Clair, PA
For background on The Opal Group see: http://www.theopalgroup.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Supply Chain: 1 year (Required)