United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Education Required Level:
Siemens USA is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries.
The Internal Communications Specialist will produce, write, edit and promote content and stories targeted to Siemens 50,000 U.S. employees. We’re looking for a natural storyteller and experienced writer and copy editor adept in AP style who can produce compelling content that engage employees in Siemens’ brand and business strategy.
This position will work within Corporate Communications’ Corporate Messaging team and be responsible for managing and creating executive communications and messaging across Siemens’ intranet and internal platforms. The Internal Communications Specialist will also coordinate with key internal stakeholders (HR; Supply Chain Management; Environmental, Health and Safety; Legal and Compliance; Employee Programs; and Diversity and Inclusion) to produce content and messaging to drive employee engagement.
- Develop articles for Siemens’ intranet
- Produce internal email newsletters
- Write and manage executive communications
- Coordinate with stakeholders to drive key messages driving employee engagement
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to stay informed on internal communications priorities and opportunities
- Edit content to ensure error-free communications and consistency of style, grammar and tone
- Strong knowledge of best practices for internal communication strategies that successfully drive engagement
- Strong knowledge of best practices for a variety of publishing and communications platforms
- Strong knowledge of business priorities and external communication strategy to ensure messaging alignment
- 5 to 8+ years of relevant experience in writing and editing executive communications content.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications or related field required; Advanced degree a plus.
- Capability in researching and developing high-quality, engaging internal communications.
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and editing.
- Ability to simplify complex subjects and write in plain language.
- Ability to apply creative approaches to increasing employee engagement with internal communications.
- Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses.
- Experience in the translation of complex information into accessible content.
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Capacity to set priorities and meet deadlines, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in multi and social media.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success developing relationships at all levels of an organization and across functions.