To participate as part of a decision making team (coaching staff) under the direction of the head coach in planning, coaching, recruiting, administering, and promoting the squash program within NCAA, Ivy League, and institutional standards. The Assistant Coach plays a critical role in achieving the overall goals of the squash program by providing important recommendations, suggestions and decisions regarding game strategies, line-ups, priority listing of recruits, etc. as well as offering initiative and independent judgment (e.g., in providing coaching instruction, evaluating and communicating with prospective recruits and their parents, and representing the squash program to constituents).
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of squash skills and strategies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively with no athletic grants and highly selective admissions standards.
- Must possess valid drivers license for off-campus recruiting efforts.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Six years experience playing and/or coaching squash at the elite level.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Coaching certification preferred.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Department Contact for Cover Letter
Hansi Wiens, Head Coach of Men's and Women'
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.