Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Denver has been serving northern Colorado since 1927. We serve tens of thousands of people each year in seven ministries: Marisol Services (for women), Early Childhood Education, Shelter Services, Archdiocesan Housing, St. Raphael Counseling, Family, Kinship, and Senior Services; and Parish & Community Services.
Our employees are crucial to our success in achieving our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to the poor and those in need. Catholic Charities provides a work environment where self-motivated and mission driven individuals are recognized and rewarded. We accomplish this through:
- Employer sponsored training
- Culture of Trauma-Informed Care
- Generous compensation and benefits package.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to welcoming applicants and program participants of all faiths; as well as an inclusive and welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and program participants. Candidates who bring diversity to our team are encouraged to apply.
Current Shift Opening:
- Flexible based on volunteer activities scheduled.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Volunteer Coordinator at Catholic Charities:
- Recruits, screens, interviews and places volunteers for Smith Rd. Facility. Determines appropriate assignments for volunteers based on age, skill set and departmental needs.
- Conducts orientation for all volunteers to the mission of Catholic Charities and volunteer requirements.
- Coordinates volunteer placement and scheduling for multiple holiday events.
- Coordinates volunteer groups/assignments.
- Maintains volunteer records and data base information.
- Coordinates and attends community volunteer recruitment activities.
- Promotes volunteerism through talks, tours and relationships with churches, businesses and academic institutions.
- In conjunction with appropriate internal personnel, means of recognizing and retaining volunteers through contacts and events.
- Submits monthly department report showing volunteer service hours.
- Two years related experience in a community relations capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years work experience in working with the public and volunteers.
- Computer skills and use of basic software programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet timelines.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary: Starting at $18/hour with increases commensurate with experience & education.
Schedule: This is a full-time position. 40 hours per week.
Training: We provide a robust training curriculum that will support our employees throughout their career. Training provided within the first year of employment includes: De-escalation & Safety; Public Speaking; Mental Health First Aid; Substance Abuse & Mental Health; Human Trafficking; Trauma Informed Care; and many more.
Benefits: In addition to being part of a higher purpose while working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, eligible Catholic Charities employees receive a generous benefits package, including:
- Extensive Paid Time Off (4 weeks accrual for new employees - increasing based on tenure) promoting work life balance.
- 9 Paid Holidays annually (shelters are 24/7, so there may be a need to work some holidays, which would include holiday pay).
- 403b Retirement Plan with Agency contribution of 4% & match up to 2% of annual compensation.
- Choice of 3 PPO Medical Plans (90% of employee's and 75% of dependent’s premiums is paid by Agency), Dental, & Vision starting the 1st day of the month following start date.
- May be eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness through Federal Student Loans and many more benefits.
**Part-time employees (20-29 hours per week) also receive paid annual leave, company paid holidays, and 403b retirement plan with agency contribution and match.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you are ready to make answer the call and make a difference, please submit your application online at ccdenver.org/careers. We look forward to meeting you!
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
Location: 4330 E 48th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
Location: 4330 E 48th Avenue, Denver, CO 80216
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour