PIN Consulting is seeking a solid DevOps Engineer.
- This person shall be able to perform the application deployments in test, stage and production environments.
- Analyze data collected using analytics and application monitoring tools and generate business reports and metrics for Sr. Management.
- Provide production support, and troubleshoot production issues or alerts for multiple enterprise applications and sites.
- Provide advice on Operating System patches and other system updates on a regular basis, to ensure compliance with security regulations of client environments.
- Provide recommendations and assist as needed to tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure, including reviewing system and application logs.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for integration, deployment, and system administration related tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Assist the development teams with implementing and standardizing the automated testing across various applications.
- This role will work as an integration engineer with responsibilities to analyze, design, and implement continuous deployments while ensuring high availability on production and pre-production systems.
- Be able to prioritize and manage several open cases at one time.
- Be able to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal when working with infrastructure teams.
- Be able to troubleshoot both application related or server issues resulting from latest system updates/patches, security vulnerabilities, performance, etc. This will require a close interaction with federal IT infrastructure teams.
- This person shall be able to work closely with the developers, federal support staff, QA's, and product owners/project managers to understand the specific needs of a project in the context of the larger DevOps strategy and implementation.
- This person shall be able to maintain standards of service levels, ensure response within time frame, and manage all available services.
- Stay current on new technologies and best practices. Provide input on new designs and architecture as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- This person must have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience working closely with cross-functional teams and can support a wide range of software and hardware related issues. Programming experience is preferable.
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux based systems.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and implementation. Experience working in agile environment is preferred.
- Working experience with test automation tools and scripting.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and issue tracking software (e.g., JIRA).
- Knowledge of system monitoring and maintenance, including system administration on Windows based systems.
- Familiarity with Google analytics, and application monitoring tools like New Relic, Pingdom, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills and ability to work with people across different levels is a must.
- A degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. Microsoft, Cisco, Linux or similar certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with the following technology stack is strongly preferable.
- SCM Tools/Version control: GitHub; CI Builds: JetBrains TeamCity 9.0; Automated Web deployments: Octopus Deploy 3.0; Jenkins.
- Automation Tools e.g. Selenium (using .NET for scripting).
- Atlassian Tools - Jira, Confluence, HipChat.
- Application and Infrastructure Monitoring Tools e.g. New Relic; Splunk.
- Web Tier including Windows Server 2012 R2; IIS 8.5; .NET 4.6.2; C# 6.0; ASP.NET MVC 5.0 & Web API 2.0; Entity Framework 6.3+; AutoMapper, Ninject, Log4net.
- Services Tier e.g. Windows Server 2012 R2, Linux; Apache Solr 5.2+; Lingo3G Clustering service.
- Data Tier with Oracle 11g+; SQL Server 2014+.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
Job Type: Full-time
- Atlassian Tools - Jira, Confluence, HipChat.: 3 years
- SCM Tools/Version control: GitHub; CI Builds: JetBrains Team: 3 years
- Automation Tools e.g. Selenium (using .NET for scripting).: 3 years