Full Time Lead Teacher - Preschool
Early Advantage is looking for an affectionate, patient, flexible, and energetic person to join our wonderful team of care providers. This position is a lead teaching position in our Preschool class, where the Preschool Teacher will get the excitement of becoming a part of our three year old children’s hearts by teaching, guiding, and growing their skills! This means, creating Preschool's weekly lesson plan and teaching the children all necessary skills and meeting developmental milestones for the age. In addition, The Preschool Teacher will have responsibilities that help maintain a safe and clean learning environment for the children while monitoring and assisting children within their daily routines.
Room for growth within Early Advantage as we continue to EXPAND our facility!!!
If this opportunity calls to you, please contact Rachel or stop in to discuss the employment options available. On the job training provided, we are excited to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Arrive on time, neat, clean and prepared for each and every day.
- Maintain confidentiality inside and outside of Early Advantage.
- Maintain daily open communication with parents; communicate during drop off and pick up.
- Maintain all appropriate records and daily attendance for children.
- Implement both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice, and program philosophy.
- Create and implement weekly lesson plans for the Preschool Classroom.
- Complete bi-annual assessment of children’s development. Report the assessment of children to parents in bi-annual reports and through parent-teacher conferences when requested.
- Meet the emotional, social, physical, and cognitive needs of each child as an individual.
- Provide quality, nurturing care to children enrolled in the program.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment for children and staff.
- Promote and model good personal hygiene and hand washing.
- Maintain an open and professional line of communication between all staff members.
- Supervise Assistants, Aides, and Volunteers in the classroom.
- Accurately fill out and communicate accident reports with parents and necessary staff.
- Help with cleaning duties and maintain daily cleaning records.
- Actively monitor the children outside on the playground. Ensure all children are safe and following playground rules.
- Respond consistently and effectively to all needs of the children in your care.
- Maintain a cooperative attitude of working together with other staff.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, or distress and respond appropriately.
- Meet all applicable licensing regulations.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Attend in-service training equal to 1 - 2% of your total number of hours worked annually. (25% of hours must not be affiliated with Early Advantage.)
- Responsible for filling out a Maintenance Work Request for things that need to be fixed or are broken. Then turn slip into office by pinning on board.
Qualifications and Skills
- As Preschool Teacher, we prefer you to have a minimum of 24 quarter credits of Post-Secondary Schooling, and two years of classroom experience.
- Preschool Teacher applicants must be professional, and work well in a team setting.
However, we have additional positions open that do not require that much education or experience.We are willing to provide training for the right candidate!
If you are unsure if you qualify, reach out to Early Advantage and Rachel will help assist you!
The Preschool Teacher position is Full Time which offers benefits that include:
- Starting pay at $13/hr; compensation is based on level of education, and experience.
- Monday-Friday shift with one consistent day off during the week.
- No nights or weekends.
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Partnership with Aflac
- Simple IRA plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensed Child Care: 2 years