Responsible for assisting physician in conducting patient examinations and providing routine treatments. Obtains specimens for testing, conducts select routine laboratory tests, and records results. Performs routine patient procedures such as obtaining throat cultures, preparing for and/or providing vaccines, injections, etc. Contacts appropriate personnel to order routine supplies, obtain patient medical records and order tests under the supervision of the provider. Acts as a resource for LPN’s and other clinical staff on more complex patient issues and/or questions and assists them on more complicated patient procedures.
Contacts patients with test results, works on paperwork for the provider, handles responding to the incoming telephone calls placed by the front desk. Works closely with the physicians on a daily basis.
Hours: Full time 36 hours per week. Hours vary M-F. This position is eligible for benefits.
Location: 755 North York Street, Naperville
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
- Keyboard and computer skills
- Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CPR Certification issued by American Heart Association or American Red Cross
Why join Edward-Elmhurst?
Edward-Elmhurst Health includes three hospitals — Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital, and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health — and an extensive ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. Edward-Elmhurst Health provides comprehensive healthcare at over 100 locations in the suburbs of Chicago. Our success has always been — and always will be — driven by our most talented, reliable, compassionate, and skilled people, who genuinely believe in delivering top quality care to our patients and their families. At Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will also experience a vibrant culture and an atmosphere of nurturing support and leadership.
Be DRIVEN to join our over 8,000 employees, 1,700 staff physicians and 1,800 volunteers who want to provide safe, seamless, and personalized care every day for our patients, our families and our communities.
- Healthy D.R.I.V.E.N. values
- Determination: A passionate pursuit of continuous improvement
- Respect: A belief that everyone should be treated with dignity—our patients, their families and each other
- Integrity: A firm commitment to always doing the right thing
- Vision: A forward-focused mindset that emphasizes collaboration and innovation
- Excellence: A steadfast focus on delivering safe, highly reliable care to ensure a distinctively high quality, patient-centered experience
- Nurturing: A dedication to providing hope, encouragement, empathy and compassion
Benefits offered by Edward-Elmhurst Health include:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness center membership
- Plus many other employee perks
Location: Edward-Elmhurst Health · EMMG 4 - YORK
Schedule: Full time, Days/Evenings, Variable