***$5,000 sign-on bonus available for qualified, 3rd shift candidates***
Rexnord Industries, LLC is a $2 billion public (rxn), multi-industry manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered mechanical power transmission components and commercial water management products. Rexnord recently completed a public offering and is now traded on the NYSE under “RXN.” The Power Transmission Group operates under the “Rexnord” name, and the Water Management Group operates under the “Zurn” name. The Rexnord culture, centered on the Rexnord Business System – “RBS” (the company’s operating management system based on the Toyota Production System and the Strategy Deployment Process - advanced Hoshin Planning methodology), welcomes professionals who can lead and produce results, who are motivated by stretch objectives, and who will embrace a business environment which is driven to continuously improve.
O.D. Grind Machinist is responsible for producing work in the most efficient manner while meeting the drawing and planning specifications and requirements.
2nd Shift- 3:30pm-2:00am or 3rd Shift - 10:45pm-7:15am
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
- 10 Vacation days per year
- 3 paid sick days per year
- Enjoy 12 Company Holidays per year
- Completes set-ups with general supervision/assistance.
- Responsible for all phases of part operation set-up to achieve first article acceptance.
- Perform and maintain accurate in-process quality inspection and records.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that reduce part quality variation.
- Input data into visual management forms and convey results to management
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, and eliminate waste.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience operation set-up on O.D. grinding equipment.
- Ability to maintain close tolerances (within .0003”) on OD’s, hold roundness.
- Understanding of machine tool accuracies, tool offsets.
- Knowledge of cutting wheel feeds, speeds, and wheel life for aerospace grinding.
- Skilled in the use of indicator, gage, dial bores, and plate inspection methods for first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blueprint and quality requirements.
- Ability to communicate with employees and management in a positive manner.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs (over 25 lbs with assistance).
- The ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma.
Indeed Hire and Rexnord are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- operation set-up on O.D. grinding equipment: 3 years (Required)
- AS9100, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma: 1 year (Preferred)
- Simi Valley, CA: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)