EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must possess an active CNA license
- Must possess a current CPR card
- Experience in skilled nursing care facility, assisted living, or other related medical facility a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record all entries on flow sheets (ADLs. I&Os, percentage of meals eaten, vitals, bowel & bladder) in an informative, descriptive and legible manner. Record additional entries as requested/required by the charge nurse.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.).
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc.
- Answer resident call lights promptly.
- Assist with the care of the dying resident.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent ulcers (bedsores).Report injuries of an unknown source, including skin tears.
- Inform the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any changes in the resident’s condition so that appropriate information can be entered on the resident’s care plan.
- Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to make independent decision
- Ability to resolve problems effectively
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be available to work beyond normal working hours and weekends and/or holidays.
- Must have computer knowledge.
How to apply for this position: To be considered for this position please email your resume
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent