We’re looking for top notch General Managers to run distribution centers all over the country. We need people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, who are looking for a good challenge, and who are dedicated to creating and developing great customer relationships. You’ve got to be sharp, and you must be on your game every day… because you will be an essential part of everyday life.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire only world-class people. People who aren’t afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
Some of our distribution centers are free-standing. Others are on-site with customers. No matter where we are, we’re part of their team; we’re invested in their success; and our operation is fully transparent. In this General Manager role:
- You’ll lead the customer relationship through close daily contact, taking the pulse of the relationship and making sure that heartbeat is strong
- You’ll be held accountable for your site’s P&L – a direct result of the customer relationships you have
- You’ll lead managers who are well-trained, motivated, and ready to support your direction
- You’ll set the tone for your leadership team and everyone on the floor
- Your voice will be heard loud and clear in management circles
- You’ll build a team that supports your passion for an outstanding operation
- Your confidence in your management abilities will grow along with your competence
- You’ll partner with internal departments like finance and human resources to ensure your team’s growth and progress toward goals
- You’ll deliver results
- You’ll love it
You won’t find a leadership opportunity like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. If you're an active leader with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us – the world is waiting for you. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’ degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years supply chain management experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management
- 5-7 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role
- Full P&L management experience
- Experience with contract administration, project management and metric development
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
DHL Supply Chain offers competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), a 401K plan, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays. DHL Supply Chain has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, and training.