1. Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
2. Proficient computer skills. Able to use a variety of software applications.
3. One to two years practical work experience or graduate of one to two year Business College.
4. One year experience in medical area preferred. Six months with previous agency preferred.
5. Highly attentive to details and accuracy.
6. Able to be assertive with authority figures, e.g. physician’s offices.
7. Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has completed the agency pre-employment health clearance.
8. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insure in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and is in good working order.
9. Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or professional peers.
10. Has excellent communication skills.
11. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
12. Positive attitude.
13. Excellent interpersonal and phone skills.
14. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision. Has good organizational skills.
15. Computer Skills at the intermediate level.
16. Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate skills for communicating with individual ages of those served.
17. Demonstrates the ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
18. Assertive and quick, able to multi-task.
19. Accurate and detailed.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
In cooperation and collaboration with multiple disciplines, as needed, the HCHB Clerical Educator trains HCHB clerical staff including Medical Records Specialist (MRS) and Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) in point care system utilizing agency policy and procedures, federal and state regulations and agency education guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
1. Assists with development, implementation and evaluation of orientation and preceptor program for clerical staff in offices that are new to point of care system through a variety of media, classroom training, and on site one on one training. Collaborates and coordinates with HCHB Education Site Director in organizing and scheduling training for above employees.
2. Assists with development, implementation and revision as needed of point of care training materials to meet agency policy and state and federal regulations.
3. Ensures initial competency of MRS and PSC in assigned offices in point of care system
4. Provides ongoing education and support to clerical staff throughout the initial roll out of point of care system in each office.
5. Conducts on site visits to follow up and observe clerical competencies.
6. Serves as clerical resource person for MRS and PSC’s offering direction, consultation and orientation to new procedures as needs arise.
7. Commits to maintain clerical expertise through CE opportunities and retraining.
8. Attends agency meetings as directed.
Other aspects and demands of the job not listed above: The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. General office with prolonged periods of computer usage
2. In and out of automobile
3. This position has been designated Class III position (See Infection/Exposure Control Plan). Employees performing Class III office position duties will not be involved in potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials. All Class III office will not be offered Hepatitis B vaccination at no expense to the employee.
1. Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and prolonged sitting and standing.
3. Ability to deal effectively with stress. Flexibility in routine is to be expected frequently, as needs dictates.