Software Engineer I
Robins Air Force Base, Warner Robins GA 31098
(100 miles south of Atlanta and 16 miles south of Macons
Secret clearances and be eligible for Top Secret sensitive compartmented information (SCI) access.
IndraSoft, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Software Engineer I with an active Secret Clearance to work on our project at Robins Air Force Base, GA. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment. Must hold and maintain a valid Secret Security Clearance.
He/she will be involved with software design, modification, write and implement software programming applications. Support and install software applications and operating systems in support of the Operational Flight Program (OFP), Test Program Set (TPS), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and Mission Support (MS) business lines within the Software Maintenance Group. The selected candidate will devise and/or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, debug, participate with testing process such as test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or
Software Engineering from an ABET accredited school minimum 2.9 GPA or equivalent
experience computer science or equivalent experience.
- Security+ Certification.
- 2+ years’ experience with at least one of the following: Electronic Warfare, Radar, Sensors
and Fusion, Communications, Navigation, Identification, Tactical Data Links and
Networks, Information Assurance, Avionics OFPs, Support Equipment, Simulations, or
Systems Integration preferred.
- Through knowledge of application development in support software and hardware
- Proficient in .Net, Java, Oracle preferred.
- Background in object oriented programming C/C++ preferred.
- Experience using an IDE (Visual Studio, C++ Builder, Eclipse).
- Poses and applies basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of software
development to the completion of assignments.
- Ability to work on overall design and development of software products as well as
- Experience with supporting software testing and debugging.
- Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple
competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
- Effective Customer Service and management skills/capabilities; including a demonstrated
ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or externally.
- Strong English language skills (both written and verbal).
- Interest in new technologies and the ability to adopt to those new technologies.
- High level of drive and ability to learn.
- Ability to lead a team and carry development workload.
- ***Candidate MUST HAVE a min. Secret Security clearance and maintain such clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ Years’ experience working on DoD programs is highly desired.
- Design, modify, develop, implement and test software applications.
- Work with team members to support project software development.
- Support the design of software test criteria and verify functionality and performance.
- Supports and/or installs software applications and operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through a variety of line replaceable units (LRUs) and
shop replaceable units (SRUs) applicable to avionics equipment.
- Provide engineering support to shop personnel engaged in test, troubleshooting, repair and
modification of LRUs or SRUs tested on automatic test equipment (ATE), engineering
assistance in evaluation/correction of software applicable to ATE.
- Participate as a member of preplanning test review and analysis, test witnessing and
- Work with preplanning and organizational process teams, as required for the acquisition of
new/replacement automatic test systems (ATS).
- Assist with web service development, web application development and the development
of software used in Operational Flight Programs (OFPs) for a variety of weapon systems
including but not limited to Joint STARS, F-15, C-5, SOF systems and EW systems.
- Software design/coding tasks will include a broad range of design, development, testing,
upgrading, documentation and maintenance tasks for software in support of weapon
- Reviews and analyzes specifications related to software development.
- Support design documentation development.
- Maintains job knowledge by studying state–of-the-art development tools, programming
techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities,
reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in
While performing duties of the job, incumbent will be exposed to Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. This position requires incumbent to have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.