The research of the Robert S. Boas Center for Genomics and Human Genetics employs cutting-edge genetic/genomic approaches to investigate various autoimmune and inflammatory human diseases.
In the role, you will provide bioinformatics analysis to the experimental labs in the center under the mentorship of PeterK. Gregersen, MD and Andrew J. Shih, PhD. You will also be responsible for maintaining and fielding external requests for the Genotype and Phenotype (GaP) registry, a genetic database that advances understanding of the function of disease-associated genes. Candidates must have a quantitative degree, some experience in programming (particularly R/Bioconductor) and have experience with at least one of the following analyses: GWAS, whole genome/exome sequencing, RNA-seq, epigenetic regulation and single cell.
Performs investigative research under the mentorship of Assistant Investigator, Associate Investigator, or Investigator in a particular area(s) of study. Publishes and presents data in a timely manner. Works collaboratively with other investigators to facilitate their scientific research and training. Participates in various types of institute and community activities. May apply for grant funding and/or patents as appropriate.
1. Performs research projects as directed. Follows and adheres to experimental protocols in a proficient and meticulous manner.
2. Responsible for the collection, analysis and interpretation of research data related to specific project.
3. Submits manuscripts and abstracts for publication to peer review journals and presentations at local, national and international conferences.
4. Performs a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, correspondence, attending meetings, database maintenance, maintaining records, charts, etc.
5. Responsible for all other activities, clinical and administrative, as needed.
6. Provides technical direction to research staff.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Doctorate (M.D., D.O., DVM, or PhD.) Degree, required.
· May have authored/co-authored published articles and/or abstracts.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
Job Type: Full-time